BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am about to ditch my eisenmann Meisterschaft Ti (yes fake&gay non-eisenmann exhaust conspiricy B.S.). The welds on the muffler broke for a second time, and I'm over trying to fix the welds to get it to mount back up to the hangers again. It will go up on my wall as memorabilia until someone offers me money for the raw titanium.

Anyway, I have been looking into the HPF titanium exhaust(7 lbs), OR just having an exhaust shop weld a custom dump after the section 2 pipe to present two tips out from behind the rear left tire(maybe 2 lbs at most).

Please post sounds/pics/opinions of NO cats/NO resonater/NO muffler setups on a blown M3 if you have any. thanks!!! Yes, Its a full blown track 5lut, so no more worries of DB or emissions... Im just sick of fixing this fake eisenmann muffler with cheap mounts:(

Help! Thank you!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Help! Thank you!
If it's a track car only why worry about spending $1K + on straight pipes when you can go down to the local muffler shop and for $150 get side dumps installed?

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Assuming they both had the same titanium hpf rear section and oem section 2, Would a stage 1 and 2 sound exactly like a stage 2.5 since they don't have the built motor?
No stage 2 was not as loud

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'll try to get a clip of mine today. It's cal headers, stock sec 1 with resonator cut off, rogue eng sec 2 with eve cutout and stock muffler. It's the best of all worlds. Closed is almost stock noise, nice and quiet. 1/2 open it's like having the miestershaft or other ti muffler on. Fully open it's insane.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
If you don't have a turbo DONT DO IT!!

I had the straight titanium pipes with a AA stage 2 and the sound was great for track days and SHOCKING everywhere else... major drone on cruising.. shouting like a hayabusa on a normal pull off from lights.. just unbearably loud.. really really really loud

In fact.. to be honest.. the one track day i DID have that exhaust it was only fun for the first few laps and then actually got annoying as I couldn't here the engine note properly for gear changes

Also one of the track marshals suggested I run on unlimited class days as I was too loud for street cars days :(

·
Registered
679 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts