E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After browsing wheels for the last few weeks, I have settled on the style similar to the Work S1R's. I came across a cheaper, similar looking alternative: the Calibre GTR's.

These wheels are 8x18 ET35, or 8.5x19 ET35

My current Tire/Wheel is the BMW Style 96 (8x17 ET47) , tire size 225/45ZR17 94W (stock w/ sport package)

Does anyone have any experience with this wheel? I'm after that flush, fitted look and am unsure how to proceed. I'm trying to avoid lowering the car if possible- if I can achieve a good fit & fill the wheel well, a new front bumper/skirts will be my plan of action. Any pointers would be appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Tevo. I can tell you that by going with the Calibre's, youll only notice about a 25mm change in "flushness". by this i mean your wheel will look like it sits about 25mm further out than your current rims. I will also tell you that if you are not lowering your car, you can fit the e90+ 19 inch wheels. The offset for these is 19x8.5(et29)front 19x9.5(et23) rear. The 9.5 will look pretty aggressive and be much closer to the "flush fitted look" that you are going for. Obviously the m3's are a completely different style, but if you go for a set of wheels with similar offset, youll get the look i think you are going for. If you find that you have an abundance of fender clearance and you'd like to go a little WIDER, you could look into wheel spacers. they are a cheap way of widening your wheel base. good luck! PM me if you have any questions

1 - 2 of 2 Posts