E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I find the Gruppe M on the internet.

Also, I have heard that the Dinan CIA makes a whistle at low RPMs. Any abnormal noise from ECIS or Gruppe M (other than expected performance enhanced noise)?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ECIS CAI

I read in a previous post last summer that ECIS was installing a baffle to cut down on noise "whistling" from their CAI. I have left numereous e-mails and voice mail messages with ECIS to no prevail. Anyone know if they have upgraded their CAI to reduce noise? Anyone ever reach a person at ECIS over the phone?

·
Banned
135 Posts
We do have the baffle system completed and it cuts the intake whistling down by about 50%.

We have not set a price for the baffle or put it on the web site because we are trying to get the plastics manufacturer to finish the cover for the side. We do have some in stock for those that are interested.

One thing though, ALL (yes, I said all) aftermarket intakes bring out this whistle in the E46 cars because of the throttle plate in the throttle body. It does it with the Jim C intake and the Dinan as well. We are the only company that has tried to address it. You can use the silencer with other intakes as well.

330Canada,

We return every phone call and email that comes in. Are you sure you are calling the right number. I would have remembered a message about the silencer.

Email me your phone number and I will personally call you tomorrow 3/31/03.

·
Banned
135 Posts
330 Canada,

If you emailed us back in September of '02 we may not have seen the message because our web hosting company hosed our email server and some messages were going to a remote location we could not access.

About 75 emails went there and I just found out about it two weeks ago. Not happy :ben:

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Sean, What exactly is your silencer?

Is it a ECIS heat shield cover or an actual intake muffler sort of like what I've recomended to a few people which is the 525/530 intake tubing and muffler aft of the mass air sensor.

I would probably guess it is a heat shield cover since I asked you a while back if you were planning covers like the e36 and you were already working on it. Different colors? metal?

We do have the baffle system completed and it cuts the intake whistling down by about 50%.

We have not set a price for the baffle or put it on the web site because we are trying to get the plastics manufacturer to finish the cover for the side. We do have some in stock for those that are interested.

One thing though, ALL (yes, I said all) aftermarket intakes bring out this whistle in the E46 cars because of the throttle plate in the throttle body. It does it with the Jim C intake and the Dinan as well. We are the only company that has tried to address it. You can use the silencer with other intakes as well.

330Canada,

We return every phone call and email that comes in. Are you sure you are calling the right number. I would have remembered a message about the silencer.

Email me your phone number and I will personally call you tomorrow 3/31/03.

·
Banned
135 Posts
Kevin,

It is a stand alone baffle system, not a heat shield cover. Putting a cover over our intake or others will not make the whistling go away. As I said before, the whistling is a by-product of air hitting the throttle plate (inside the throttle body).

We will also be coming out with an E46 heat shield cover, due to popular demand, not whistling. ;)

·
Registered
82 Posts
any pics of the baffle system,

I picked up my ecis last summer
in lindenhurst
and I am interested in this baffle system
does it take away any performance from CAI
what does it look like and how much is it

I am also interested in a rear AA strut bar to match the front one I bought from you guys

thanks
Frank

·
Banned
135 Posts
The baffle does NOT take away from perfromance at all.

It is a modified baffle system from another BMW currently in production.

You will not be able to see most of it when it is installed.

I will try to post some pics later.

Price will be ~$50. There will also be a DIY version with us supplying you with BMW part numbers and a $10 part from us. More on that later.

We have the rear strut bars in stock. $120

Let me know when you are thinking of coming by.

·
Banned
135 Posts
Here is the E46 Intake Baffle

Pic attached is the ECIS E46 Intake Baffle. Works on 323/325 models. $50 + shipping.

328/330 coming soon

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
The whistle sound is more noticeable in short-ram intakes than dinan style intakes - tried both in my car....

Sean, is it possible to buy the ECIS heatshield by itself?

·
Banned
135 Posts
Hunyer,

We are still working on that and will put it on the web site when they are complete. Other projects are keeping us busy right now.

Atlas,

Sorry, we do not sell any of the E46, Z3 or E39 heat shields seperately.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts