145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CAI...again>??

What does a Cold Air Intake do?

Thank you

·
Town Clown
15,035 Posts
In theory, CAIs develop horsepower and torque gains by improving the engine's intake air flow. They are supposed to result in improved intake air flow than stock systems to achieve better engine efficiency and the lowest possible intake air temperatures.

In theory, anyway.....

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CAi....

What is a good Cold Air Intake out there???

thank you

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DINAN CAI

Is it safe to install a Dinan CAI or are there drawbacks that we should know about??

Thank you

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CAI

Hey superstar_383,
Are you all ordering DINAN CAI's? How much do they cost?

Does anyone have a picture please?

Thank you

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Cold Air Intake is any intake which draws the cool air from outside the engine compartment. This term exists b/c for some cheaper cars the factory intake draws the warm air from the engine compartment. Our cars are very well engineered from the factory to draw cool air from the kidney grille area already. A more proper term to call those aftermarket intakes would be "high-flow intake".

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CAI

So it is better for the engine in a way right?

Thank you again guys.

·
I know 1 more silvr sedan
176 Posts
Re: CAI

Eichelruck said:
So it is better for the engine in a way right?

Thank you again guys.
To sum it up basically, your absolutely right...

:lmao:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dumbass....

Another dumbass.. Listen, I will do baby language.. THE FORUM IS MEANT TO BE USED TO ASK QUESTIONS. If eveybody knew answers to all quetions out there, this forum would not exist!!! Wow another forum "EXPERT". Do someting productive as stop breathing.

Hell if there are more people like you around, I will probably end up selling my E46.

Dumbass. :flipoff:

F****R

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,833 Posts
Hey I'm all for the easy questions. These allow me to flaunt my obviously superior knowledge (everyone in unison ->:rolleyes: )of all things powerful(and up my post count:)). You cant have a forum god complex if you are a forum god;)

Disclaimer: all the above was pure BS and should only be contrued as mindless drivel. Shouldn't matter since no one pays the poster any attention anyways

Better for the engine is kinda right. It is more efficient which allows you to push the engine harder and have it respond appropriately. If having a CAI makes you want to redline you car all the time it might not be 'better'(but it does make it a little more fun):thumbup:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks

Thank you very very much.

That explains it all.

Appreciate it very much.

Thank you again.

·
yuppie racing
1,899 Posts
actually, if im not mistaken, the dinan CAI, ( and ones like it) is a true CAI.

The ECIS, and Conforti, are not, they are just air intakes with heatshields.

However it seems like everyone on this board calls every intake a CAI regardless of design.....it has left me confused.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts