E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is new software necessary to go along with a less restrictive air intake? Is see lots of people talking about installing ecis or gruppe M intakes but none of them mention recalibrating software for a different air/fuel mixture. Am I missing something here? I'm not much of a wrench, obviously.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is that software....

like a conforti shark? Any others? My local dealer pushes the Dinan stuff (yeah, yeah, I know$$) but they don't have sw for the 04 330 pp yet. How much difference will aftermarket sw make in this case?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Software will adjust the ECU to the increased airflow, but it'll probably adjust itself anyway. I have a GruppeM w/o software and it works great. Software will also remove, or increase, the speed limiter and possibly up the redline. Depends on which software you use. Anyway, as has been mentioned, it is not necessary.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
CAI + Shark!

joverholt said:
Is new software necessary to go along with a less restrictive air intake? Is see lots of people talking about installing ecis or gruppe M intakes but none of them mention recalibrating software for a different air/fuel mixture. Am I missing something here? I'm not much of a wrench, obviously.
:hi: In some instances the installation of a CAI (because of the increased air flow) can trip your "SES" (service engine soon) light. I just happened to be one of the lucky ones. I just installed the Conforti Shark Injector and wow what a difference it made in the performance and sound of my ECIS CAI. :yikes: Needless to say, No more "SES" light. :thumbup: IMO, SES light a side, this Software is a must to get the most/best performance (fuel to air mixture) out of a CAI, there is absolutely no comparison when I was running without it. Now I definately be :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.