BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, this is getting really obnoxious. About 13 months ago, I had my control arms & bushings replaced, due to simple wear and tear. 9 months ago, I had the bushings replaced again (somehow they got worn out). I went in for an alignment 5 months ago, and once again -- the bushings needed to be replaced, so I did it myself, to make absolutely sure they were replaced correctly.

I was putting my winter wheels on a few days ago, and while I was under there, i noticed that once again MY F*CKING BUSHINGS ARE SHOT!

I realize this is a normal wear and tear part, but every 4-6k miles? Come on... Something's gotta be out of whack.

p.s., all suspension parts are new H&R sports springs, koni shocks&struts (all have < 5,000 miles on them).

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Premium Member
1,476 Posts
wow that sucks, if they find them gone at inspection ii of mine coming up i will be pissed b/c I jsut replaced them too, I thought they were supposed to go for a while

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, I guess thats what i'm going to have to do.

OEM cab's should last 30,000+ miles... there must be something wrong w/ my suspension to cause them to wear out this fast.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow, those are pretty pricey. I'm willing to pay for a superior product, but $300 for bushings seems pretty crazy.

·
Registered
336 Posts
ive had the powerflex on my 330 for a year now and maybe like 20,000 miles and no problems i also have the powerflex reat trailing arm bushing and i noticed a big difference there.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I understand there are performance bushings that will outlast the stock ones, but I'm wondering WHY they're wearing out so fast.

·
Halfway to 2L
2,490 Posts
I understand there are performance bushings that will outlast the stock ones, but I'm wondering WHY they're wearing out so fast.
that is weird, do you have any pics of the failed bushings, or a description of how they failed?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's the thing. They weren't damaged, they just looked like worn-down bushings that had 50,000 miles on them. They weren't punctured or ripped or anything unusual. Then I might have something to go on :(

·
Halfway to 2L
2,490 Posts
well, maybe they really are ok? what makes you say they are shot?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts