BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dinan makes a rear tower brace for E46s. Does that rear brace fit the rear of our convertibles? I'm concerend because the rear of our cars have additional folding mechanisms i dont know if it'll get in the way or if we can even put one there at all...

please help

TIA!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Not sure about Dinan specifically but as far as I understood there was were manufacturers that made rear tower braces for the Convertible :( I'm guessing because of the space required for the hood etc.

Hth,
Stuart.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I don't believe so. You would have to take that black thing out to access the shock towers in the rear. It's possible someone makes one, but I have yet to see one.

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,782 Posts
lilherc79 - mod bug really got you this month :)

brembo, gruppem and dinan.. :pimpin:

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
mike it wont fit..... my brothers girlfriends father has a 330cic and was trying to do what u want now.... it wouldnt work, needs alot of modification to work and its not worth the hassle

·
Town Clown
15,001 Posts
Dinan Strut Brace for Cabrio

Looking at the application/price guide from Dinan:

MODELS
330i, Ci (**note - "Conv" is not listed)

Year
01-02

Description
Rear Shock Tower Brace

Part No. D180-0461

Price: $299

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a lot guys! you guys are the best!

·
Registered
528 Posts
If it's got to attach to the shock bolts it won't...those are actually inside the top well covered by two big gray grommits.

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
errrr i guess its a no go then. but IMO, since the Verts are reinforced, maybe our chassis are already pretty hard =)..

·
Registered
528 Posts
I was surprised the other day, I went up my driveway at a weird angle and lifted the inside rear wheel off the ground. Even more surprising traction control didn't handle it very well, it just let it dangle there and spin.

....that can't be good for the chassis...:sad:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts