BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering what you guys think is a better car and be honest for performance and looks the m3 or the c32 amg? I know this is a Bimmer site but i want to know what you guys think. I bought the 745Li when it first came out and fell in love with bimmers so i was going towards the ///M3. Thanks :thumbup:

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,301 Posts
Do a :search: extensive posting has been done before on this topic. No reason to start another bickering between members.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry bout that i jus became a member a couple days ago and didnt know that

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,301 Posts
I'm sorry didn't mean to come off as angry at you. But from your sig it looks like you have already made up your mind. If you want some quick thought I'll say C32 if you need an auto or if you need 4 doors otherwise M.

·
Registered
417 Posts
The C32's insurance rates are almost 1/2 the price of the M3's insurance rates. it seems that a lot of people has been crashing E46 M3's..

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,301 Posts
And that coupes are always more expensive as well as various other aspects that insurance companies take into account.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
read the recent road and track review,

M3 vs c32 vs S4.

I'd say from a performance point of view M3 all the way.
if you must have four doors the choose S4, the mercedes c32 the last one i would be getting

·
TWC 2008
2,782 Posts
yeah like its been said above read that r&t review...you can see the m3 kills the c32 and clearly is the better car if you don't look at the money issue which is crap considering if you take away the 2500 for SMG, and 1200 for the optional rims and the price difference is only a lil over a grand for the better performance

·
Registered
20 Posts
The C32 is an effortless fast car.....///M3 fast.... stock. And the C32 can easily be made faster... but two things... the C32 is automatic...and I personally think the car looks way to conservative and not too aggressive....I think bimmers look more agressive and are more of a drivers car....not quite Ultimate Driving Machine..because I have defintely driven better... but still..a drivers car....So if your looking for a fun car to drive.. w/ performance... go with the ///M hands down... looking for more straightline speed... go with the C32

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Car & driver chose S4(v8) 1st choice, M3 2nd , MB 3rd

They gave S4 10 points for performance, M3 got 8

New S4 must be really good. but I still think M3 kicks assss

·
Registered
637 Posts
The S4 doesnt have very high HP rating for a V8 which can be a good thing if your modding. There are already supercahrger kits out for the S4. The C32 and the M3 on the other hand are harder to mod. If it were a choice between the M3 and C32, I would go with the M3 if you want a coupe/sports car, if you want a conservative dare i say somewhat of a family car (or at least more of a family car than the M3) then go with the C32. From your list of cars I think you have the sedan thing covered, I would go with the M3.

·
my 3rd e46, 1st ///M
2,677 Posts
haven't read any other threads on this topic or any of the response in this one...just wanted to add that IMO the c-classes styling is way too generic...just my 2 cent

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think the insurance rates on the M3 are higher than the AMG because stupid insurance companies see mercedes and immediately think "old fart driving slow and careful". The M3 unfortunately!? has been so revered for soo long as a high-performance car that the insurance companies have taken advantage of cranking up the rates...I wonder how much insurance is on a 911?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts