BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I am new to this forum and am about to buy my first BMW. I found a 2005 330CI with 70k miles in gray with black interior and aluminum trim for $14k.

Features:
- 17 inch rims
- Premium package
- 6 sp manual

The car is pretty clean inside and out. No accidents, body work, etc. I am buying from a dealer and I would be the third owner.

I want to get your opinions on whether this is a good deal and what I should be aware of in terms of common issues with the car, things to look out for, etc.

I can do simple work on the car but big fixes I would have to take to a mechanic. What costs am I potentially looking at in keeping this car running as well?

Thanks, looking forward to hearing your advice!

·
Registered
82 Posts
That asking price is very high, you can probably grab this for around 10k. I'm uncertain as to who you might be buying from but 70k is high mileage for that asking price.

33,616 Posts
The price is very high. Things to check out are the cooling system and the rear subframe

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I havent been able to find a good 330ci with less than 100k miles and manual transmission.. Not sure where to look/find a good car...

What do you guys believe is a good price for this car?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ha! yeah i saw the kbb value and did not believe it.

i searched autotrader for 330CI with manual tranny under 100k miles and this is the only car that stood out (searched all US locations), some are going for $16k+. Finding anything under 50k miles is impossible. If this is not a good deal, I think that I'll rather spend more money on a 328i and be safe with a lower mileage car still under warranty..

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I personally don't think they are asking way too of a crazy price but realistically speaking you can probably find the car for around 12.5

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am in pretty desperate need for a car right now. Had to relocate for work and I am renting at the moment.

Also, the $14k includes dealer fees which are B.S. but at least I dont have to worry about paper work for title transfer, etc.

Will continue to look around but I have to make a deal this week.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Hey, I am new to this forum and am about to buy my first BMW. I found a 2005 330CI with 70k miles in gray with black interior and aluminum trim for $14k.

Features:
- 17 inch rims
- Premium package
- 6 sp manual

The car is pretty clean inside and out. No accidents, body work, etc. I am buying from a dealer and I would be the third owner.

I want to get your opinions on whether this is a good deal and what I should be aware of in terms of common issues with the car, things to look out for, etc.

I can do simple work on the car but big fixes I would have to take to a mechanic. What costs am I potentially looking at in keeping this car running as well?

Thanks, looking forward to hearing your advice!
i think that is a good deal if you are buying it from a legitimate dealer (BMW, honda, ...etc) i paid $14,300 OTD with 58000 miles 2004 330ci and the KBB was 17,900

That asking price is very high, you can probably grab this for around 10k. I'm uncertain as to who you might be buying from but 70k is high mileage for that asking price.
i actually think its not a bad deal :eeps:

·
Registered
76 Posts
I paid 21k for mine a month ago with 38k miles on it, same car with zhp option. Prolly could've gotten it cheaper if it wasnt here in Hawaii

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the responses. I am going to get the car this weekend, I brought the dealer down to 13500 which is a good price for me. Cant wait for my first BMW! :woot:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Nice purchase, seems like a fair price to me... I paid 8k for a 2000 328Ci 5spd with 98k, but it was a private owner owned car.

·
Registered
230 Posts
i think its a reasonable price. if its price any lower, there might be some hidden problems, make sure you buy from new car dealers. this is from past experience. New car dealers usually keep the good cars to sell on their lot the bad ones go to auction, which will end up in smaller car dealers. i just bought mine like last month from a chrysler new car dealer for $14000 with 54k 325ci 2004.

·
Registered
52 Posts
well i guess I could've paid less - 11k for my 02 5spd 330ci hardtop with 100k miles back in August, but runs like a top, and with a couple of diy maintenance sessions and the info on this site, I'm learning more and more about cars in general. Plus I don't see many hardtops like mine here in NYC...don't regret it one bit....yet?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts