E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone bought parts directly from germany? if so, please share your experiences.

btw...if there's already a thread about this subject, sorry---please direct me to it.

thanks

·
Registered
157 Posts
thejellomonster said:
has anyone bought parts directly from germany? if so, please share your experiences.

btw...if there's already a thread about this subject, sorry---please direct me to it.

thanks
why do you want to buy directly from germany, your local BMW dealership can get any part you want from germany and the best part is....they pick up the shipping bill, since they allready have boat loads of parts coming here anyways.

·
TiAg 330i
564 Posts
local dealership should get almost everything. with euro being so high now, it really don't make any sense to buy stuff from germany. i picked up a few parts while doing european delivery in 2002. the euro back then was .85, now it's like 1.20 :yikes:

·
Registered
133 Posts
I bought an mtec shift knob directly from germany - a lighted one (factory match at night) that was billed as being OEM from the old M3. Cost me roughly $70 USD (after shipping, duties) which seemed to be a good deal - was about 3 months ago, and I couldn't find anything similar for a reasonable price at local dealers (though I am in Canada!). The piece was definitely new, but the packaging left much to be desired - that being said, it's worked flawlessly for 3 months ...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Try searching through the auctions on the german ebay.
http://www.ebay.de/

Just put "e46" as the keyword and click on the button that says "Finden". There is always a lot of hard-to-find OEM and aftermarket parts on auction.

You can also use AltaVista Babel Fish Translator to translate whole web pages.
http://world.altavista.com/

I have ordered a couple times from the german ebay with success. However I always emailed the seller first to make sure they would ship internationally.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts