E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Sofa-king-what
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....As you know my ride is actually....dead.....:banghead: :banghead:

so i planned to fix it.. but these are the budget:

body work: From 4500€ to 5500€

pieces : 6000€ (and more) only external + mechanical pieces (dunno yet the prices)
TOT: more or less 14k €

.... the car as it is now,is valued 4000€ ...if it was ok the value rises to 23-24k €

...what do I have to do???

I planned to buy an m3 next year.. but sadly now I've to choose, or walk or mom's car...(untill I solved the problem)

...my budget is 25k€...

what you suggest to do???

................................buy an other one ,or fix mine...................

(i'll buy an other one with few option and then transfer mine on that... xenon-nav-tv-coil-etc etc)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Either way, I think you would have to fix it. After fixing it, you still have two choices. If you fix it, the car can be sold at a better value, too.

·
Sofa-king-what
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
trancenerd said:
Either way, I think you would have to fix it. After fixing it, you still have two choices. If you fix it, the car can be sold at a better value, too.

yeah..but listen to this...

I've payed it 28k.... add 12k for fixin = 40k

is it worth spend 12k on a car that i'll sell in 6 months???

isn't better to save the 12k for the new one??

..the problem that is killing me,is that the damage is near to the car value (consider that 328 value will be 20k or less to the end of the year...:banghead: )

·
Registered
491 Posts
Buy a Fiat :eek:
:lmao:

But seriously, why not just a cheap car, and sell than in 6 months
? You don't lose alot(hardly any) of resale on very inexpensive cars.

·
Sofa-king-what
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
.......i'll sell some stuff or transfer it on the new one....
the engine depends... if I buy a 330/325 i'll sell it, if i buy a 323....I swap it.... (if i find the way to gain 22 hp from 323, i'll sell it )

@ 330igt:
my mom already said that......." now you'll buy a fiat....":banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Shieeet..... the fiat SUX.... not for the design.. but for all the rest.......

I'd rather have a moped.................

·
Registered
517 Posts
Get rid of it, save for M3, then ride moped or use moms car till then:D

Saves you the hassle of unforseen problems and costs cropping up sometimes related to fixing up a damaged car...

But its your call:dunno:

·
ACS Fanatics
635 Posts
Dont fix it.

The damage sounds big, os better off sell it and get another one or save your money.

No insurance in italy?

·
Registered
18 Posts
just walk/public transport for 6 months it'll go by quick, or mom's car of course . :eek:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
See if insurance will help you out. I was driving my mom's wagon and some rubber disk attaching the tranny to the drive shaft (forget what its called) broke and the driveshaft ripped apart the tranny casing on the freeway and then the airbags blew and the pressure blew out the back windshield. The airbags were the scariest thing ever because the powerder on them seemed like smoke and was hard to breath so I managed to pull on to the side of the freeway. Anyway to make a long story short repairs were 12k insurance paid 12k even though it wasn't an accident with another car.

·
Registered
191 Posts
just sell the car if it gave you problems already then its not woth the hassle. but i dunno exactly how you pl;an after having a bmw to get a fiat. no way dude. id rather be kept frozen until next year to buy the m3. after a bimmer everything has to be uphill

·
Sofa-king-what
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
halsugs said:

No insurance in italy?
..sure.. here you must have an insurance to drive a car....
but they're different than yours (whe are as the 3rd world for insurance:banghead: )...

they would refound me ALL the damege only if i had a specific contract... (called Kasco...The most expensive!!something like 3k for 6 months)

I had the "base" (they pay for the damage on others car if they were involved, I have to pay mine)

·
Registered
478 Posts
where in Italy are you from? I intend to live there for the rest of my life.... in Maranello, no im being serious i have already started learning Italian check this out
tastiera blocatta tastiera attiva, rubrica, messaggi, messaggio recivuto

brilliant isn't it?!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts