BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any advice on my current lust.... There's an 01 M3 for sale with just under 40k miles. The good: He's asking $30k! :woot: The bad: I don't have a vin yet, but the seller told me that the car has been in an accident. :thumbdwn: I don't know the severity, but he said nothing in the front of the car (ie. engine bay) was involved. It was hit on passenger's side, and he assured me that all repairs were done with BMW parts. What should be I be looking for that would cause problems down the road? (pun completely intended) Can a dealer determine if the frame is misalligned, or if anyhting else is wacked out? This would be a nice alternative seeing that it's in the price range of 330Ci's I've been looking at, but am I just asking for trouble?....

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cali6869 said:
you can buy an M3 with similar miles for the same price, but no accident.
Wha!? :yikes: I'd LOVE to know where to get a clean one for $30k! I must not be looking in the right ads...

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
dvhoa712 said:
is the car salvage title or clean, if its salvaged title, the car is overpriced
:werd: Even if clean title, 01 M3's by private parties shouldn't be MUCH more than $30K depending on mileage.

·
1,615 Posts
that sounds like WAY too much....especially an accident car....hopefully there is no frame damage also, cause if it does you should go the seller and :slap:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts