E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2003 M3
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 business headunit with mode button.

Just all of a sudden I lost the ability to select different modes on the headunit. ie: radio, cd player, trunk changer. It only selects between the radio and cd player.

I have a DICE Silverline trunk interface installed so I hooked that up to the prewired cables in the trunk.
Prior to this suddenly not working, everything was in normal working order too and I had not changed anything. Just plug and play.

I don't know where to start looking :hmm:
Thanks in advance.

Joe

·
Registered
2003 M3
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe that with the DICE unit connected you lose the CD Changer function.
Oh I know that, but its not that I lost the CD Changer function. I don't even have that option anymore. I should have 3 modes to select, but I only have 2 now.

Anyone have this problem before?

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Oh I know that, but its not that I lost the CD Changer function. I don't even have that option anymore. I should have 3 modes to select, but I only have 2 now.

Anyone have this problem before?
Which modes do you have now and which mode do you think you're missing?

·
Registered
2003 M3
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have am/fm radio, cd player and I know I'm missing the 3rd option which is hooked to my DICE.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Subscribing. I have the same set up and just started having the same exact issue. Was there any resolution to this problem?

·
Registered
273 Posts
similar setup here. are you SURE there's a cd in the cdplayer? with no cd in mine, it will only mode into dice, then not go to cd or radio when pushing mode again. i have to push fm to get to radio. with a cd inserted it will cycle through all 3 no problem.

hope that helps.

·
Registered
132 Posts
try disconnecting and reconnecting the dice unit. you can also try resetting everything by removing the black battery cable for a moment.

·
Registered
2003 M3
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey guys, sorry for not updating. Like Kronk42583 said. I just disconnected and reconnected everything on the DICE. I even disconnected the head uint plug. I never took the batt. out but I just started the car without a headunit or DICE. Turned the car off and re installed everything. Everythings back to normal now :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts