BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I am in the UK and have an e46 320d Saloon SE 2003 which came kitted with a basic 'BMW business CD' player radio unit (6 cd changer in boot) and I wanted to know whereabouts I can look to buy a stereo that will fit in neatly where the old one went that will provide me with Digital Radio (DAB), USB stick support, bluetooth audio from iphone etc + CD as well. Basically the functionality that any decent modern top end stereo will give. Will the latest BMW stereos have the correct form factor to fit and are they any good ? .. alternatively, can I buy any standard third party stereo and expect it to fit/work ?

any advice on this would be greatly appreciated

Gary

·
Registered
12 Posts
You can get a facsia panel that will bring the gap down to the standard single din, then you can add whatever headunit you want, you would also need the wiring converters to of course, I have seen complete packages in the UK (on the net) for about 170 pounds.

·
Banned
1,607 Posts
Dynavin seems to be the usual choice in terms of fit and appearance and offers so many features, including sat nav. However there are several 3rd party stereo systems that offer better sound, but they do not match the car. In terms of sound quality, the speakers in the car are pretty ordinary.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts