BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Is it true that the radio in E46 has a clock in it? If it is true, how can we get to it and set it to appear all the time (its 1999 328I).

Thank you.

·
Are we there yet??
6,803 Posts
Hello everyone,

Is it true that the radio in E46 has a clock in it? If it is true, how can we get to it and set it to appear all the time (its 1999 328I).

Thank you.
Yes there is a picture of a clock on the left side of the head unit.

Its the left most button.

Hit it that changes the display to the clock.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
early built units did not feature this so you may or may not have a clock symbol on your unit.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Twist the knob on the side with the ododometer to the right or left to adjust the time forward or backward. I know on mine you have to twist pretty hard.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
^yep but hold it for a couple of seconds cuz it wont start changing immediately after you twist it. it also changes the time on the radio

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
How do you change the time on the clock, Im still 1 hour ahead :bawling:
Twist the knob on the side with the ododometer to the right or left to adjust the time forward or backward. I know on mine you have to twist pretty hard.
Just be sure to push the end button of the left stalk to display the time in the main cluster (as opposed to the outside temp., average mileage, etc.) prior to trying to change time. Twisting the little knob while looking at the clock in the radio will be rewarded with incredible frustration and no time change.:banghead: This little detail is curiously left out of the instruction manual.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Ahh yes I didnt see he had a 99, my 2000 had it but some 99's didnt.
Yah, my older 328Ci didn't have this (it also had an old style key) while my current one has the clock (it also has the new style key). It is something that I took for granted until I went without this feature.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts