E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I parked over a parking brick and when I pulled out I scaped the concrete and herd a loud crack. So I get out and check the there's a broken clip thing inside the wheel well and the right side of the bumper is hanging. I'm not sure but I think I just broke a clip. Is there any cheap way to fix this???
(Car is lowered)

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Today I parked over a parking brick and when I pulled out I scaped the concrete and herd a loud crack. So I get out and check the there's a broken clip thing inside the wheel well and the right side of the bumper is hanging. I'm not sure but I think I just broke a clip. Is there any cheap way to fix this???
<b>(Car is lowered)</b>
yea your sig explains it

but post pic of damage

·
Registered
70 Posts
Same thing happen to me, a little worst i presume since the fog light assembly came off aswell. Well all you got to do is push it back till you hear it clip back.

·
Registered
9 Posts
what u need to do is remove your bumper assembly because your rebar seperated from your bumper cover once u get it off check if the rebar is tight against the back of the bumper,if not u have to check if all the clips and nuts are intact holding the bumper cover to the rebar...

·
Registered
105 Posts
Reviving this thread to find out what the solution was. My wife did the same thing to my convertible today (while I was washing and waxing her car) and cracked the lower lip of the bumper. Two clips broke on the right underpanel (does anyone know what that is called) and when I was moving it the right side of the bumper dropped. I'm thinking that whatever you broke is pretty much the same as mine except for that lower panel. I'm wondering what it took to fix this problem or anyone that's had a similar one.

Here is the bumper drop.

Here is the lip/damage. The clip shown is one of the two that broke off on the cover panel so that is what I knows need to be replaced. I can't imagine that holds the bumper in place.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks. Checked that DIY and the diagrams on RealOEM and I think I need the lower wheel well covering and probably a bumper support. It looks like I can pull off the lower cover fairly easily if it's being replaced so maybe I'll try that and get a better look inside the fender.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.