BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else read in today's paper that BMW is close to finanlizing a deal with a factory in China to produce all 3er's. That would be terrible!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
771 Posts
GBX330ci said:
Anyone else read in today's paper that BMW is close to finanlizing a deal with a factory in China to produce all 3er's. That would be terrible!
why would that be terrible? Whats wrong with China?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
930 Posts
GBX330ci said:
Anyone else read in today's paper that BMW is close to finanlizing a deal with a factory in China to produce all 3er's. That would be terrible!
This is true..I visited BMW Munich HQ in August and as part of explaining the BMW expansion, the China factory was mentioned. I believe (if memory serves me right) they were talking about 50,000 units as opposed to the few thousand they sell now. The most suprising country mentioned was ...Viet Nam.It doesnt have manufacturing capability but only assembly.And ofcourse, we all know about South Africa...I have actually seen SA cars at my dealer (4 door sedans)....I let feeling a little bit worried that i may be seeing a BMW in every driveway (...not there is anything wrong with that!) :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
317 Posts
Nothing wrong with China. Just means that we can get ugly Banglized 3 series cheaper. OOps, not cheaper, I mean more profit for BMW.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
930 Posts
chazmtb said:
Nothing wrong with China. Just means that we can get ugly Banglized 3 series cheaper. OOps, not cheaper, I mean more profit for BMW.
True....But I also think the German worker are relatively well paid so if BMW is going to compete (i.e. sell at Infinity or Acura prices) it has get cheaper labor.....i.e. Asia....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
930 Posts
GBX330ci said:
There is just something about a german made car that no one else can match.
I agree with you but it might be more of a conditioned response from our past experience...Since Spartanburg and SA came on line....you kinda of have to check where your BMW is made....And now with the US design of Bangle...it is truly a multinational effort...Not sure if it is good or bad.....:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,682 Posts
Anyone else read in today's paper that BMW is close to finanlizing a deal with a factory in China to produce all 3er's. That would be terrible!
I don't know what's your concerns. Lol. Those 3er will only be sold within China. It will NOT export to US, German, Canada. As what I'm told. Not even Hong Kong.

The reason why BMW put a factory in China is to lower the cost for them. Therefore they can sell their BMW in China for cheaper. That's what VW and Honda and MB are doing as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
771 Posts
Full Time Hit Man said:


I don't know what's your concerns. Lol. Those 3er will only be sold within China. It will NOT export to US, German, Canada. As what I'm told. Not even Hong Kong.

The reason why BMW put a factory in China is to lower the cost for them. Therefore they can sell their BMW in China for cheaper. That's what VW and Honda and MB are doing as well.
Yeap, Audi and VW has factories in China which produces vehicles just for the Chinese market. THe BMW factory will also produce Chinese versions of the BMWs which will not be exported anywhere else. The reason why not even HK will get the Chinese Audi's or BMW's is because HK is right hand drive while China is lhd.
 

·
call me kev :D
Joined
·
6,299 Posts
dude.. isn't 3er too advance for china? :eeps: :eeps: they going to think you can launch missles with those navigation system :eeps: :eeps: :eeps:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
341 Posts
Full Time Hit Man said:


I don't know what's your concerns. Lol. Those 3er will only be sold within China. It will NOT export to US, German, Canada. As what I'm told. Not even Hong Kong.

The reason why BMW put a factory in China is to lower the cost for them. Therefore they can sell their BMW in China for cheaper. That's what VW and Honda and MB are doing as well.
Yup. . .saves on distribution and labor costs. These cars will only be sold in China.

-jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
771 Posts
e46boy said:
dude.. isn't 3er too advance for china? :eeps: :eeps: they going to think you can launch missles with those navigation system :eeps: :eeps: :eeps:
what the hell you smoking? 90% of the worlds computer parts are made in factories in Taiwan and China.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
930 Posts
dollar99 said:


what the hell you smoking? 90% of the worlds computer parts are made in factories in Taiwan and China.
yeah...but isnt it dangerous giving them a fully working unit??...hehhe..Just kidding!!! The Chinease are our friends...:)...except when our spy planes bump them :D
 

·
call me kev :D
Joined
·
6,299 Posts
dollar99 said:


what the hell you smoking? 90% of the worlds computer parts are made in factories in Taiwan and China.
what does that have to do with anything.. and does it look like taiwan and china are the same thing? hell freaking no :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
 

·
call me kev :D
Joined
·
6,299 Posts
SIMON C. said:
I prefer the China e46 for myself cuz I don't read english, Chinese navi would be best for me.
and it has to be stick right? cuz you can't drive auto? :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
771 Posts
e46boy said:


what does that have to do with anything.. and does it look like taiwan and china are the same thing? hell freaking no :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I said that China and Taiwan are the leading manufactures of electronical components to argue against you're ignorant comment about the technological disadvantage of China.
the bottom line is, China has never legally given independance to Taiwan. So to answer you question, like it or not, Taiwan is still a part of China.
 

·
call me kev :D
Joined
·
6,299 Posts
dollar99 said:


the bottom line is, China has never legally given independance to Taiwan. So to answer you question, like it or not, Taiwan is still a part of China.
sorry but i am strongly against that, but don't want to turn this thread into political thread so i'll stop right here...

i was born & raised in taiwan, and dad was originally from china, i know all about it, and i still disagree with you. but whatever.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
771 Posts
e46boy said:


sorry but i am strongly against that, but don't want to turn this thread into political thread so i'll stop right here...

i was born & raised in taiwan, and dad was originally from china, i know all about it, and i still disagree with you. but whatever.
Sure I agree with you. I have a lot of Taiwanese friends and I understand how they think they are an independent country. To a certain point, they are. But it is still a part of China.
 
1 - 20 of 149 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top