BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to upgrade my 2004 M3 sound system. Are the BSW products of good quality? Their prices seem reasonable but do they sound good?
Thanks

·
Registered
338 Posts
We believe that our products are second to none for a product that integrates so well with what came from the factory. Although, I'm sure you are looking for un-biased opinions :) I will let many of our happy customers here speak for themselves on this matter. Free bump to the top though.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
i got the stage I upgrade for my car back when they had the mb quart(i think they stopped using mb quart) and it was a huge improvement over stock..after that i added a sub and my system is pretty much perfect..definatley a good choice. only thing i might have planned is upgrading my stock amp to a better aftermarket amp!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Im looking to upgrade my 2004 M3 sound system. Are the BSW products of good quality? Their prices seem reasonable but do they sound good?
Thanks
The prices seem reasonable eh? Have you looked arround at all? They want $500 for a kit to fit my car, and I can find MB Quart packages brand new for under $200. I'm not sure about them just yet.

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
You pay more for BSW because of their plug and play products which does add value since you don't need to pay for an installer.

As with all of the sponsors, you can get stuff cheaper other places. You pay extra for the service and most of the times quality/fitment guarantees.

BTW, I'm not affiliated with BSW in anyway.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I did not have time to build a box, so I bought one and it has been good since I got it. I am in the midst of doing everything else myself.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I just had another look at the kit. It replaces all 10 speakers, which I suppose is not as bad a deal as I originally thought. I'm only looking to replace the front 4 speakers, but I didn't see a kit for it :(.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I just had another look at the kit. It replaces all 10 speakers, which I suppose is not as bad a deal as I originally thought. I'm only looking to replace the front 4 speakers, but I didn't see a kit for it :(.
You actually have 6 speakers in the front of your car, not 4.

If you want to replace only the front speakers, give us a call, we would be glad to split a Stage 1 into front-only for you.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
BSW has quality products and are very easy plug and play. You don't have to wait hours for an installer with some cheap aftermarket (200$) stuff. As I always say you pay for what you get. If you want to tear through your car because you have all the time in the world to do so, then do then rant on some company. :hi:

I'll be ordering from them soon for a sub for my X5.

·
Registered
516 Posts
You actually have 6 speakers in the front of your car, not 4.

If you want to replace only the front speakers, give us a call, we would be glad to split a Stage 1 into front-only for you.
That would be fantastic :thumbsup: . I have no desire to go ripping out the rear corner panels (what a pain). The door skins should be very easy to do. Can these speakers be set up to remove the bass from the crossover? I have a sub set up already.

I've been considering getting the 04 tweeter covers that go over by the corner where the mirrors are. I think it is a much better placement than by the door pulls. I wonder if it would snap in or if it is much more involved?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts