BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings -

I wanted to announce that all available BSW Midrange/Tweeter upgrades are now plug and play. Fixing that annoying buzzing midrange problem is now even easier!

http://www.bavariansoundwerks.com/products.php/CA=323

This is available for ALL BMWs except for 1999-2006 E46 Coupe/Cabrio Fronts. We are working on that solution.

If you guys have ANY questions please let me know!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes, I like Steven107....

...would like to see BSW make a "stage II" solution that would make a simple replacement of the HK subs with perhaps some superior 6x9's with a dedicated amp to drive them. I think many of use would like to keep that factory look by using your stage I speaker upgrade but also a simple solution to better, and amplified base without putting a box in the trunk. Seems like a "stage II" that builds on the stage I option with the factory amp running the stage I speakers and a "stage II" package of new 6x9's with amp would be ideal.

·
Registered
41 Posts
great mind think alike hahaha :hi: .... let me know when that comes out... i'll be your beata tester/ write review if needed :excited:

·
Registered
266 Posts
I guess this doesn't do me much good right now since I have a coupe but could you elaborate on what you changed (like what it was like before)? And if I got these as part of the stage one package I can get crossovers as well right (if I want to upgrade the amp)? If I did wind up getting a new amp would the midranges work with the crossovers that I would order with the package or not (and how much extra are the crossovers)? Finally I know this question doesn't relate to this thread but would I be able order the stage one package without the rear midranges? I personally like the rear fill sound from the rear midbass drivers on the rear deck but I feel the rear midranges really throw off the sound stage. Thanks!

·
Banned
24 Posts
...would like to see BSW make a "stage II" solution that would make a simple replacement of the HK subs with perhaps some superior 6x9's with a dedicated amp to drive them. I think many of use would like to keep that factory look by using your stage I speaker upgrade but also a simple solution to better, and amplified base without putting a box in the trunk. Seems like a "stage II" that builds on the stage I option with the factory amp running the stage I speakers and a "stage II" package of new 6x9's with amp would be ideal.

We are working on it! :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
do you have anything for the h/k subs that are plug and play? =)
It's in the works. The problem is, is that you cannot simply replace those factory 6x9 subs with anything 'off the shelf'. We've tried, and nothing we've tried fits right, or sounds even half as decent as the factory sounds (not saying that the factory sounds great, but whats currently available in the aftermarket sounds worse from the factory amp).

We'll get something, eventually. The 2 main things that kill the actual functionality of replacing the factory 6x9 subs are that first of all, the factory amp puts out a quite low amount of power. Secondly, they are of a low impedance design. Therefore, when you replace with something off the shelf, normally 4 ohms, you get even less power to them than the factory subs get.

We're in the design stage. Once we have a definitive answer, trust me, you'll know!!!

·
Registered
338 Posts
I guess this doesn't do me much good right now since I have a coupe but could you elaborate on what you changed (like what it was like before)? And if I got these as part of the stage one package I can get crossovers as well right (if I want to upgrade the amp)? If I did wind up getting a new amp would the midranges work with the crossovers that I would order with the package or not (and how much extra are the crossovers)? Finally I know this question doesn't relate to this thread but would I be able order the stage one package without the rear midranges? I personally like the rear fill sound from the rear midbass drivers on the rear deck but I feel the rear midranges really throw off the sound stage. Thanks!
What Halston has announced is that our midrange sets alone for the designated vehicles are offered as plug-n-play. They were only offered before plug-n-play as a full Stage 1 set before.

Our midranges were never designed for amplifier power. When upgrading to an aftermarket amp, unless you want to design your own 3-way crossover network, or do a good bit of custom work to fit an aftermarket 3-way component system in your vehicle, more often than not,t he end user is not going to notice the fact that their midrange is gone, when replaced with a good quality 2-way setup, and an appropriate amplifier.

And to answer your last question, you absolutely can order your Stage 1 without the rear midranges. We can customize any speaker system we sell to any customer, you would just need to call and speak either with a sales associate, or you can call and ask to speak with me, and I will help you out as well.

·
Registered
338 Posts
ETA? or can we get stage1 then add on stage 2 components after?

A Stage 2 is more than likely going to consist of an amplified set of interior speakers only, not a subwoofer setup. You can do a Stage 1, customize it, add to it, subtract to it, then replace the factory 6x9 subwoofers later on. I foresee the 6x9 upgrade being a separate upgrade, not included with a Stage2. But keep in mind, nothing is set in stone as of yet.

·
Registered
266 Posts
What Halston has announced is that our midrange sets alone for the designated vehicles are offered as plug-n-play. They were only offered before plug-n-play as a full Stage 1 set before.

Our midranges were never designed for amplifier power. When upgrading to an aftermarket amp, unless you want to design your own 3-way crossover network, or do a good bit of custom work to fit an aftermarket 3-way component system in your vehicle, more often than not,t he end user is not going to notice the fact that their midrange is gone, when replaced with a good quality 2-way setup, and an appropriate amplifier.

And to answer your last question, you absolutely can order your Stage 1 without the rear midranges. We can customize any speaker system we sell to any customer, you would just need to call and speak either with a sales associate, or you can call and ask to speak with me, and I will help you out as well.
Thanks for clearing all that up! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry e46fanatics. I got a little busy and then forgot to get back on here and clear everything up.

I am back in the game and feel free to let me know if you have ANY questions.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Would you guys at BSW hurry up and get busy...

...on developing that "Stage II!?" Some of us have got some money to spend.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Is there any other options in speakers? Ive never seen or heard of the 'rainbow line' And I saw you sold an old set of MBq's on the forums.. those I have heard and like. I guess its just hard for me to buy 600+ and spend hours installing, and find out I dont like it. I do know yall have a 100% satisfaction war. but after installing all of that, most prolly opt to keep it.
Anyways, how about at least some specs on the speakers, material and freq response.. I think if I got the kit, I would be expecting more from my factory amp. and wouldnt be satisfied... Looks like I will need to wait for "stage V" new speakers, amp, sub. I assume the factory HU is somewhat clean, if it does not have an amp and only using line level pre outs?

·
Registered
441 Posts
We have more extensive solutions than our Stage 1, but we do not offer anything more than that publicly as we feel the vast majority of end users are not capable enough of the complex work involved to install the existing Stage 2 & 3 offerings.

For those of you that want more and want it NOW, if you are familiar with car audio or willing to have a VERY GOOD audio shop work on your car, the Stage 2 and 3 are available options. However, know that installation instructions are not fully fleshed out at this time and ingenuity and an understanding of audio systems IS required.

They consist of the following:

Stage 2 - $1199:

Stage 1 PLUS
- BSW a300.4 amplifier
- BSW f110 Subwoofer Enclosure w/ Alusonic 10" Subwoofer
- BSW amp drives the front component set and subwoofer, and the factory amplifier drives the rear speakers
- Includes all required wiring, hardware, etc.

Stage 3 - $1899

Stage 1 PLUS
- BSW a300.4 Amplifier (drives ALL interior speakers)
- BSW d210 Subwoofer System (includes a300.2 amplifier choice, a600.1 available for additional $60)
- All required wiring and installation accessories

·
Registered
123 Posts
Are those Precision Power amps? the format of the numbers looks like the way they do the model #'s. (but I dont see them on the site) and this is all with factory HU? do you have pics of the subs? Im not much for the 'free air' one you had listed on your site behind the arm rest

1 - 20 of 28 Posts