BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any manufacturer that makes a brushed aluminum kit for non-m3 e46?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
from my understanding, the OEM kit is just a brushed aluminum fake. It's just plastic that looks like brushed aluminium. Maybe I'm wrong. Does anyone make a kit using real brushed aluminum, not just plastic?

·
Registered
577 Posts
the old ones were the fake plastic-y trim the new ones made for the m3 are real aluminum. Just specify that you want the one made for the m3, it should fit any e46 coupe.

Peace

·
Registered
204 Posts
The aluminum for the new M3 is not the brushed look like the one in Z4. I think it looks just like the plastic aluminum in the coupe. I like the Z4 look better.
Please correct me if you have seen the real Al trim in the new M3 in person.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I've seen both the z4 and the m3 trim in person...to tell you the truth though i dont really remember if they look the same or not :banghead:. But i do know that the m3 one does look better than the old plastic one and is probably what he is looking for. Best bet is to go down to your dealer and look at it in person, im sure they have a m3 on the lot with the aluminum trim.

·
Registered
219 Posts
SterlingSilver said:
Does anyone know of any manufacturer that makes a brushed aluminum kit for non-m3 e46?
BMW does manufacture the Brushed Aluminum Trim. I got it as standard equipment on my car. You can take a look at

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?threadid=27849

This trim is made of aluminum, not plastic, and if you look carefully, you can see those "U" patterns on the trim.

As a side note, a fellow fourm member emailed me about the trim but I had accidentally deleted the mail, could he / she please send it to me again?
:confused:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: Brushed Aluminum Interior Trim

mic325 said:

BMW does manufacture the Brushed Aluminum Trim. I got it as standard equipment on my car. You can take a look at

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?threadid=27849

This trim is made of aluminum, not plastic, and if you look carefully, you can see those "U" patterns on the trim.

As a side note, a fellow fourm member emailed me about the trim but I had accidentally deleted the mail, could he / she please send it to me again?
:confused:
Is it offered on cars other than the 318 in Hong KONG (?) and the M3? I've never seen that before.

I just love the new brushed aluminum in the z4, and was wondering if there was any package for the 325ci. If anyone knows more about whether the m3 kit will fit a non-M car, or if they know the PN for the brushed aluminum kit, please let me know. Thanks.

:)

·
Registered
577 Posts
yes the m3 trim will fit any e46 coupe. i dunno bout the part number, there was a thread about it somewhere though...

Peace

1 - 10 of 10 Posts