E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my drivers seat moves in all directions, except laterally (front to back on the horizontal plane). Any suggestions as to why? I checked the wires, for the most part they all look like their set up fine.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Possibly, I tried to pull the seat apart, but to get it unbolted from the floor is impossible cause there is zero working room on the front bolts? Any suggestions how to get the seat off?

·
Registered
90 Posts
..........................................................and your left hanging thats the same question i need answered. I wanna know if there is some kind of mechanical release that i can pull to get to the back bolts!

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I needed to take my seat out to replace my seat cover. These were some of my steps and GNs DIY link that I used. I wouldn't be surprised if you have a broken motor since the wiring plug is very heavy duty. You might check fuses. Also check rails and whether there is some stuck object stopping movement since there is probably an override feature like power windows have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts