BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the official TSB for the broken rear spring problem - allegedly it was fixed starting with the Oct02 production.

Also attached is another TSB on rattling rear shock mounts (fix it by installing a second gasket)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
i have a 2003, i had to pay for 1 spring, and then another spring broke. still havent replaced it yet

·
Registered
325 Posts
Dated or not, Quick question: Is this a service recall? My 01/2002 325 has a snapped coil spring. Bmw wants nearly 500$ to replace the spring. If this is a service recall, I would like to bring it to their attention.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I have a 10/02 production 2003 330i and my rear springs also broke. I decided to buy four new springs for the front and rear when I replaced my shocks/struts/mounts and hardware.

EDIT: FWIW, I had under 50K when the springs broke.

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
Dated or not, Quick question: Is this a service recall? My 01/2002 325 has a snapped coil spring. Bmw wants nearly 500$ to replace the spring. If this is a service recall, I would like to bring it to their attention.
Not a recall just a TSB so the techs know what is happening.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Thanks for the response. I'm on college budget but, decided to go aftermarker with Bilstein Sports and Eibach Pro-Kit. I know its not traditional to mix those two, but, Im interested to see how the two will work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts