BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's just been snowing too much this year to avoid it, so after Friday's snow in the NE, I ordered a set of wheels and Dunlop Winter sports from Tirerack.com. Delivered today, we changed them with the summer ultra's in the lot at work. No sooner did I have them on, and it started snowing again.

Yeehaa!!! I love driving in the snow!! I could barely lose the grip with the DSC on. I haven't had snow tires since I lived in Vail, and they're great!

Snow tires have come a long way since then - 225/45/17's all around. High performance snow tires - what a blast! I can recommend these without reservation. It's still snowing out at midnight, and I just want to go back out and blast around town!!

Merry Christmas!! HO HO HO!!!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Which rims did you order with the tires?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Yea, even here in Va where we usually don't get much snow -until this year- I decided I had to have dedicated snows since the summer tires rendered the car useless on snowy days. It's a blast driving it with the snows.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,960 Posts
i think the trick is 4 of them

i can't believe the ride in the snow with them compared to driving with out them its the way to go
bobm3 :D :D

·
hammer talks like this
4,206 Posts
AlexRDI330ci said:

Yeah, but it's not the tires per say - it's the ride they give you - it's freakishly good!
i was just fcuking with you... a couple of ppl been wrecking cars lately from ice and snow.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bender said:

i was just fcuking with you... a couple of ppl been wrecking cars lately from ice and snow.
Ironically, I new they were coming in on Monday to the office, and it was snowing pretty hard where I live that morning. I was imagining crashing on the way to the office to get the tires.
The contrast between the summer tires and the dedicated snows is so great I couldn't help but be giddy racing around town.
I'm smiling just thinking about it... : )

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
carguy84 said:
Which rims did you order with the tires?
I got the Borbets. I was going to get the VS, but I got the TypeR because they had them in stock in Delaware, and it's one day UPS ground plus $40 bucks less in shipping. $1209 mounted, balanced and shipped. I would have been stuck here last night if I didn't get them yesterday.
They look pretty good. I'm more into function than form, and try to strike a balance between the two.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts