E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the Brembo HP 1000 brake pad MOT (Mean Operating Temperature) is? This pad compound comes with BBK for the M3.

I'll be taking the car to the track and am curious if this pad is sufficient or if i should get better pads. I currently run Hawk Blues (MOT ~1050F) on stock caliper/rotor, and I think I'm over heating them a little bit towards the end of the sessions. Will be replacing w/ the BBK kit next week.

Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Anyone know what the Brembo HP 1000 brake pad MOT (Mean Operating Temperature) is? This pad compound comes with BBK for the M3.

I'll be taking the car to the track and am curious if this pad is sufficient or if i should get better pads. I currently run Hawk Blues (MOT ~1050F) on stock caliper/rotor, and I think I'm over heating them a little bit towards the end of the sessions. Will be replacing w/ the BBK kit next week.

Thanks
You'll want to check with Race Technologies. There are a few pad options selected for GT kits, which depend on availability and other factors, so you should check to be sure what you have. The Ferodo FM1000 compound is a variant of the Ferodo DS2500HP, if that helps.

Chris

1 - 2 of 2 Posts