BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Top2Bottom
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its time for breaks... my stock ones are shot... so are my rotors, so im just going to upgrade everything to a BBk.....

cant decide on UUC or Brembo.....

Where can i find some good prices on brembo????

·
Top2Bottom
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damnit, i fogot rennsport did breaks....

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
You should be on the look-out for one of those group buys. I remember the one John From Jersey ran a little while back had some major discounts. You generally don't see the prices for the Brembo kits much lower than MSRP normally, at least from my experience, I'm assuming because they are a US-based company and there is no grey market segment here.

·
Mod Squad
10,091 Posts
E28Fiend said:
u should look into a kit from StopTech....alot cheaper than brembo...
Yeah. I've heard great things about StopTech in the past as well. :thumbup:

I guess it depends if you are also trying to go for big brand name recognition with your mods though. :dunno: I'd just go with whatever worked best though. :blink:

·
Top2Bottom
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
from what i have saw the stoptech where more expensive than the brembo...

yeah and i also wish i could get in a group buy.....

·
Top2Bottom
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i acutaly double checkd and your right!!!!

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,960 Posts
if you want to save some money go with

uuc but if you want brembo go to rennsport speak to sam he will
hook you up.
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
www.my330i.com
1,907 Posts
If you can get a deal/group buy, go Brembo. If not, UUC makes a high-quality set for a very decent price.

·
Top2Bottom
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i believe UUC is probably the cheapest of the 3...

·
Registered
23 Posts
UUC is the cheapest, then StopTech, then Brembo.
As for quality and performance it is the other way around.
The old saying "you get what you pay for" definitely comes into play here.

Sam at RennSport can get a great deal on the Brembos to make it a little easier to justify. If I were you I wouldn't be asking questions about the brakes, I would be trying to drive some cars with the brakes. Everyones opinion in here is basically based on what they have on their own car. I dont know many people who claim StopTech is the best but have actually driven the Brembo kit, or people who say Brembo is the best but havn't driven the UUC. Let us know what city you live in and maybe we can help you out by letting you drive our cars. There should be plenty of people here to help out.

I went to ButtonWillow and had the chance to drive Brembo, StopTech and AP all in the same day. I chose the Brembo.

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
43,572 Posts
I'd be interested, I've been waiting for another/next gb since the last one :D

·
ouroboros autorotica
863 Posts
The UUC brakes are made by SSBC (Stainless Steel Brake Corp) They do a lot of brakes for street rods and muscle cars. The BMW fitment is exclusive to UUC.

Brakes are on my list, but, not for a while. Probably Brembo's (you can always get parts) or AP Racing (cause almost nobody has them on street cars)

The better question is what are is master cylinder flow rate. If you go to BBK all around, do you need to upgrade the master cylinder as well?

rob

1 - 20 of 41 Posts