BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i recently change my front breaks pads but i was a little cheap and decided not to change my rear pads. so that was a couple of weeks ago, now im getting a sound from the breaks but i though the rear breaks where not use unless i use the ebrake, im changing the breaks but should i check something else...

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
Your post is confusing but:

1. You only change the pads that need changing. Don't replace the rear pads unless they need it. Inspect them to be sure - although the sensor will give you a clue.
2. Are you have problems braking - or do you have a sound coming from the brakes? Be clear about your specific problem.

...and its "brakes".

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry about the confusing question, but the sound comes when im breaking like a high note sound. but they break just fine because i change the front break pads. my question is should i check something other than my breaks

·
Vendor
13,153 Posts
Might want to consider applying an anti-squeal compound. They make the world of difference sometimes.

We have an entire section of Brake Quite compounds... Including (Wurth, OEM BMW, Permatex, LOCTite)

These synthetic lubricant contains real ceramic solids for extreme performance under the most critical braking conditions.

Click HERE to order or for more information.

Please let us know if you have any questions! Feel free to shoot me a PM or email.

Best,
Joe

·
Registered
763 Posts
but i though the rear breaks where not use unless i use the ebrake,
Did you really think the rear brakes are not used unless you pull the e-brake handle? If that is the case, and I do not mean this as an insult, you should not be doing your own DIY brake work, as you are clearly not qualified to work on such a safety critical part as your brakes!!!!

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Brakes!!!!

A brake is a device that decelerates a moving object such as a machine or vehicle by converting its kinetic energy into another form of energy, or a device which prevents an object from accelerating.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brake

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,182 Posts
when you brake the fronts brake more than the back ones

thats why that have different set up between the back and front to brake evenly like 6 pot in the front and 4 pot brakes in the rear... how do i say it
having the different amount of pots will break evenly.... thats when you say you got a match set of brakes... and im talking about a big brake kit ( stop teck) can anyone explain this better than me....
bob :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank you everybody for the comments, i have replace my rear brakes and everything else was fine, next time i wont be cheap...lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts