BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about upgrading. Well its time for new pads so I thinking of just doing everything. I want cross drilled rotors. I dont want a big break kit (not right now anyway). I was thinking of getting one of the packages from UUC, ModBargains(stoptech), or TMS package. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
33,108 Posts
Just be careful with all those features like drilled and slotted and things of that sort. Not done properly, these features will result in faster pad wear and possible a warped or cracked rotor. In general, the holes drilled in rotors are for show and detract slightly from performance.

Also, a 330's brake setup is already pretty good. Maybe before taking the plunge with a fully upgraded brake set, try some stainless steel brake lines. If not, I've heard good stuff from all those packages you've mentioned. Whether or not you need stronger brakes is entirely up to you.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, read a little about it. I want the drilled just because I love how they look. I'm just not sure which way I'm going yet.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I installed Magnum rotors (made in Canada). I bought them on ebay. The castings didn't look that "perfect" but they have been performing fine and no vibrations. http//:www.magnumbrakes.com I went with the Axxis Deluxe advanced pads. The OEM dust was killin me. I have bedded them in and it is braking well. Not the same bite (yet) as the OEM's but pretty good for the driving I do. They look good as well. Oh, they were $120 for all four plus shipping...... I figured I'd giv them a try.
Also flushed the system and used the Super blue racing fuild. The only thing I would do different would gthe cad platted upgrade to prevent surface rust. Good luck!:thumbsup:

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts