BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post here, but I know a thing or two about cars...just not BMWs! I did a search on this, but couldn't find anything related to this exact question.

Anyway, that yellow sensor came on the other day, and I just got a full brake job last month. i.e. changed all rotors, pads and sensors.

Any reason why it would come on again? Obviously the pads aren't worn out, most like just the sensor coming loose? I know that there's a plastic protector on it, and once it wears out, it makes contact with the rotor, grounds itself and the light comes on. I don't have time to take the wheel off and look myself, it's too cold here in Toronto anyway....

I'm assuming it's safe to drive but I just want to know why the light is coming on again? Any common problems? :dunno:

Thanks...

·
alfisti & bimmer fan
2,096 Posts
a faulty sensor or it may get loose, note the E46 has two sensor front/rear passanger side check it before run to the dealer :D

·
Banned
1,344 Posts
send it straight to BMW and have them bullshyt you about how it was your fault. but they will fix it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses....

Ahh, actually it was serviced by an independent shop over here...so can't yell at BMW!

I heard the parking brake light comes on for the rear sensor, and for the front one, the regular brake light comes on...so I guess its the front sensor.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Might want to check your brake fluids level. When I changed mine, that light came on too, I thought it was the sensors and kept checking. But as soon as I filled up the fluids a little more, the light went away.
Also they could've introduced some air into the brake system while changing it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Brake fluid level at max, but I like the air into the brake system idea.

Called the shop already, briniging it in. He's kinda a friend of a friend so can't really yell at him. :)

Thanks for the info guys, great forum!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts