BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help, I cannot figure out how many brake pad sensors are in my e46 2000. If there are 2, one being in the drivers side wheel and one in the rear passenger or are there brake pad sensors on all four wheels?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Fyi, you CAN remove the existing ones safely if you are careful, you will notice a tiny metallic clip that surrounds the u-shaped piece, use a screwdriver and carefuly pull pull each side from this metal clip, do not apply force to the carbin sensor itself or it will do what it's designed to do - brake off.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Yes, they can be reused if they have not been tripped before. Or they can be tied back and ignored if you are willing to check your pads manually. If the wire is jumped it will keep the light off.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Yes, they can be reused if they have not been tripped before. Or they can be tied back and ignored if you are willing to check your pads manually. If the wire is jumped it will keep the light off.
On my M3 I have them cut and jumped because I am in for a long haul with that car and the next owner of it is likely to be a die hard gear head, on on my ZHP I am reactant to do the same trick because I would hate to have somebody else end up with that car and not realize brakes need replacing until it's too late.

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
3,622 Posts
Maybe, but the OP did want to know.
FWIW I very often include additional information that the poster did not ask for.

I find education can help the masses and negate future questions. No?

·
Registered
10,208 Posts
Maybe, but the OP did want to know.
FWIW I very often include additional information that the poster did not ask for.

I find education can help the masses and negate future questions. No?

???

Here you are, 10 years later giving half an answer to a question that was answered within days of being asked. I'm confused.

·
Registered
04 325XIT 05 325IT
612 Posts
You gotta just let this go jd, I bet you Don probably clicked those pesky "recommended readings " at the bottom ,if your not careful at the dates ,a lot of them(posts) are as old as my car...paging Balidawg, or admin....

·
Premium Member
2003 330cic, 2003 325iT
5,220 Posts
Sometimes you are searching and see a question that would benefit from clarity.

I do it all the time, because if that post, however old, is what google thinks is the best result for the question today, then it is not old.

·
Premium Member
2003 330cic, 2003 325iT
5,220 Posts
I hate that the software for this forum is becoming yet another worthless engagement maximizing exercise to benefit the advertisers.

can we just get a list of forums with the most recently updated first and not this recommended crap?

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
3,622 Posts
???

Here you are, 10 years later giving half an answer to a question that was answered within days of being asked. I'm confused.
Actually this thread was revised by a new member (post is now stricken) with his first post and the reply was a nasty one.
I replied because I felt it un beneficial to the community as a whole. Thought I'd start the guy off on the right foot.

Albeit the nasty comment is now gone, making me look stupid.... Trying to foster a community of helpful folks w/o nasty retorts!

·
Premium Member
2003 330cic, 2003 325iT
5,220 Posts
Actually this thread was revised by a new member (post is now stricken) with his first post and the reply was a nasty one.
I replied because I felt it un beneficial to the community as a whole. Thought I'd start the guy off on the right foot.

Albeit the nasty comment is now gone, making me look stupid.... Trying to foster a community of helpful folks w/o nasty retorts!
I don’t give a **** how old the post is. It is never stupid to contribute experience.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
I hate that the software for this forum is becoming yet another worthless engagement maximizing exercise to benefit the advertisers.

can we just get a list of forums with the most recently updated first and not this recommended crap?
I am far from an expert on this tech stuff, but I just use the ‘New’ button, which I find very useful. The new button functionality, after logging in, keeps track of new posts since your last login. But that is probably not new navigation information to the more sophisticated users of this site. I do not go to the ‘Recommended‘ section at all.

·
Registered
04 325XIT 05 325IT
612 Posts
Now that I know that recommended section is just wasted space , I don't bother to read them, but some always do and when they respond to one of those relics- it comes out as a NEW thread to us..
Back to topic- seems somebody hastily commented on an old post that deserved a better response hence Don responded.
That person is probably long gone by now after having taken its Bipolar meds at dinnertime.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts