E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone

so i was proceeding to remove my brake booster after what happened in my previous thread (rubber grommet from brake booster vacuum line falling into the brake booster).... so i started to empty the brake fluid with a syringe and i noticed that there is a drain cap that is blocking my way of reaching the bottom of the reservoir, any way to remove it???

and removing the brake master cylinder: if i remove the two brake fluid lines coming from it and the brake reservoir isnt empty, will brake fluid pour out of it?

also my car has two brake fluid lines going to the brake master cylinder and if i only disconnect these two lines will air get into my abs dsc modules???

this problem has been driving me nuts all week:bawling:
thanks all

·
Registered
262 Posts
Don't worry too much about spillage, it washes off with water and you can't prevent it completely so just go with the flow. If you can get some plugs to keep the spillage to a minimum it will make it a lot easier.

On the air issue, it will be best to bleed the brake system including the DSC after the repair. At the minimum you will need to do a flush, and if you're lucky, you'll get most or all of the air out. But the only way to know for sure is to do the bleed while activating the DSC valves.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Brake fluid is extremely corrosive. YES WORRY ABOUT SPILLAGE.

That aside, you shouldn't be taking any of that apart. Whatever hole that vac line grommet fell into, you could pull it back out of. Follow shannebe's advice and get a pick. It'll be a PITA, but do-able.

And yes, you will get air in the abs system.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Brake fluid is extremely corrosive. YES WORRY ABOUT SPILLAGE.

That aside, you shouldn't be taking any of that apart. Whatever hole that vac line grommet fell into, you could pull it back out of. Follow shannebe's advice and get a pick. It'll be a PITA, but do-able.

And yes, you will get air in the abs system.

it fell into the brake booster and is prob at the bottom.. trust me im lazy i dont wanna remove anything i tried fishing for the grommet but was unsuccessful numerous times, if you have any other ideas for removing that grommet without removing the booster that would be greatly appreciated?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.