BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had my Stoptech calipers rebuilt. Now a few of the bleeder screws are leaking. I will attempt to clean them out with a brush. Has anyone tried a hydraulic thread sealer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2002 330Ci convertible, MT, 118,000 miles
124 Posts
Just replace it, the system is not difficult to power bleed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah. All of the bleed screws are new. I think I will order some new ones. Clean the out the calipers reassemble and hope that works.

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
1,214 Posts
Almost makes me wonder about the new bleeder screws not having the proper taper interface to the seat causing the leak?
Tantamount to bad valves/valve seats in a cylinder head.
Just a guess from afar.

Try giving Dave a call over at Zeckhausen a call. A leading Stop Tech dealer and a very smart brake guy. We've had many a deep discussion about Mue slip VS tire grip VS electronic intervention. Besides being a smart MF, possesses deep knowledge of the ST Line.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah the shop that powder coated and rebuilt them installed new bleed screws. I’m hoping there is just debris still in the caliper.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Agree with the questions on the bleeders. Hopefully they did not powdercoat the bleeder seats, or the new bleeder valves to make them look cool? I'd reach out to obtain the specific ones for these calipers from a source that will get you OEM hardness, diameter and taper angle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts