BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
'a certain moderator'
35,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to know the opinion of those on the board. a good friend of mine is going to be doing this DIY mod on his W124 Merc, and I am considering doing it myself.

The following is a good pic of the Brabus-specific puddle lamp setup. I would put it on the car and use it only as a puddle lamp system, no running around thru traffic with these on :D

I'd hook them up to turn on and off with the locking and unlocking of the door, as well as opening and closing of the door.

Also, the lights would be WHITE, no red or green or blue.

Opinions? Please vote in the poll :thumbup:

In this pic, the LEDs are exposed, which would NOT be the case if i were to do this mod.

Another consideration is that my car is very stock appearing, and i dunno if this will look good on such a stock whip :)pimpin: )

Thanks.

EDIT- Forgot the Poll :banghead: could a moderator PLEASE add a simple Yes/No poll to the thread? Thanks.

·
.--. . -. .. ...
4,690 Posts
Thats bad, but I dk how it would look on your car........

It looks nice on that black car b/c it looks likes someone's cheaffeur (spelling?). I'm not sure how good it would look on a silver car....

·
2 point five 3 two 3 i
3,915 Posts
I'm diggin' them
how is the Mercedes version set up to work? when you unlock the car, or can they be turned on anytime?

·
• DFW •
2,471 Posts
were can you get LEDs that bright at?

·
has 1 FLY Ci
2,020 Posts
do they go under the sideskirt or something? cuz in the second pic it kinda seems like its on the exterior of the skirt. if its like that dont do it. actually i wouldnt do it at all, but thats my opinion.

·
Registered
724 Posts
do it, do it!!! just hide the lights...also, how are you gonna hook them up to go on and off with unlocking and unlocking because i want to hook up my parking lights to do this

·
'a certain moderator'
35,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for all the responses guys. Seems like most aprove of the puddle lamps :D not ricey, and serve a purpose.

I specified under the second pic that i wouldnt have the exposed LEDs.

and I dont think i will need to drill into the sideskirt at all. should be able to mount them on the interior side of the skirt securely, and angle them slightly outwards.

:D if this happens it will be during december/january. i will for sure post pics and maybe a vid, as they will be able to fade in and out like the interior lights :pimpin:

·
Registered
488 Posts
I've been thinking about doing this ever since that topic the other day about the underbody neons and thaison mentioned it. The cheapest price I could find on a white Varad kit is $139.99 from HERE.

I am seriously considering doing this real soon. Where could we tap into the interior lights? The only thing bothering me that is if I turn on the interior lights while I'm driving via the master center switch by the sunroof will the LEDs come on also? That would look really stupid. :confused: :eek:

·
Rolling on Dubs. Got Boost?
4,503 Posts
Looks good... different :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 161 Posts