E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2001 325i Touring. 2007 E91.
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Mod, please delete if this is not appropriate here. I’m just excited to have found this.

A 2007 AT 328i RWD 210K miles. I know it’s not an E46 but I figured you guys wouldn’t mind this one.

I read somewhere that there are only around 2321 of these RWD pre-facelift variety in the US. The manual version is rarer than a hens tooth so I gave up in looking for one long ago. All the ones I’ve seen up to now are AWD and the very few RWD were crazy expensive at double of what I paid.

The car was dealer maintained its whole life. Everything works with some minor cosmetic with the passenger side door handles. No leaks at all anywhere.

This will be my daily driver for now until I decide which chassis I want to swap the 6 liters LS into. I’m going to enjoy the auto until it blows.
Sky Car Land vehicle Wheel Tire

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle Wheel Automotive tail & brake light

I’m still keeping my E46 Touring. Save the wagons!

·
Registered
'04 325i, '02 325iT
1,399 Posts
Awesome find, and congrats!

I didnt realize the RWD prefacelift E91 wagons were so rare either, but I guess it makes sense considering the same spec E46 wagons were rare too.

LS/manual swapping one sounds like a fun project.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome find, and congrats!

I didnt realize the RWD prefacelift E91 wagons were so rare either, but I guess it makes sense considering the same spec E46 wagons were rare too.

LS/manual swapping one sounds like a fun project.
Thank you! I didn’t know either until I started my search for a RWD manual.
Font Rectangle Line Material property Parallel

·
Registered
'04 325i, '02 325iT
1,399 Posts
Wow, those numbers are unbelievably low.

Double digits for the sport and MSport RWD manuals.:oops:

Total E46 touring production for the NA market was like 20k cars, so in total it looks like there were 5k less E91's built.

I think the F21 wagons sold better, but you can start to understand why BMW stopped offering 3 series wagons in the US.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Wow, those numbers are unbelievably low.

Double digits for the sport and MSport RWD manuals.:oops:

Total E46 touring production for the NA market was like 20k cars, so in total it looks like there were 5k less E91's built.

I think the F21 wagons sold better, but you can start to understand why BMW stopped offering 3 series wagons in the US.
As long as I’ve started liking wagons I learned that they’re a dying breed in the US long ago. I have maintenance fear for the Beemers wagons that came after the e91 so I’ve never checked but they seems to be ridiculously low in production number as well. Low as in I’ve never seen them on the roads.

·
Premium Member
5,377 Posts
Nice find! A buddy of mine has one of those ultra rare RWD/manual/M Sport E91s. It's a beautifully spec'd car that he ordered new. Currently has just under 40k miles, IIRC. I'd love to buy it if he ever decides to sell it, but fear I won't be able to afford it, and won't be able to care for it properly. (It's a low mileage garage queen and I have no garage space for it!) There is a natural brown interior under that blue paint.

·
Registered
2002 325xiT
397 Posts
As long as I’ve started liking wagons I learned that they’re a dying breed in the US long ago. I have maintenance fear for the Beemers wagons that came after the e91 so I’ve never checked but they seems to be ridiculously low in production number as well. Low as in I’ve never seen them on the roads.
There are tons of f31’s on the roads up here. Presumably 99.999% are awd. Lots of folks come up here from Boston / NY in their very fancy suvs, but the cool people drive wagons with roof boxes 👌🏻 Complimented a guy’s f31 just the other day.
Glad to see you finally caved and bought another wagon!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice find! A buddy of mine has one of those ultra rare RWD/manual/M Sport E91s. It's a beautifully spec'd car that he ordered new. Currently has just under 40k miles, IIRC. I'd love to buy it if he ever decides to sell it, but fear I won't be able to afford it, and won't be able to care for it properly. (It's a low mileage garage queen and I have no garage space for it!) There is a natural brown interior under that blue paint.
That’s a nice combo. It would pull some crazy money on BAT for sure.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There are tons of f31’s on the roads up here. Presumably 99.999% are awd. Lots of folks come up here from Boston / NY in their very fancy suvs, but the cool people drive wagons with roof boxes 👌🏻 Complimented a guy’s f31 just the other day.
I think I’m either not looking hard enough for those F31 or just living in the wrong part of the country to see them around. They’re great looking.

·
Shifting
30,200 Posts
My co-worker has an F31 in Maine, love them

OP, congrats looks great!

·
Registered
899 Posts
I looked for one of these many years ago, but eventually gave up after realizing they were almost non existent and the only ones you could find were crazy overpriced.

·
Premium Member
2002 330 Ci
2,728 Posts
Mod, please delete if this is not appropriate here. I’m just excited to have found this.

A 2007 AT 328i RWD 210K miles. I know it’s not an E46 but I figured you guys wouldn’t mind this one.

I read somewhere that there are only around 2321 of these RWD pre-facelift variety in the US. The manual version is rarer than a hens tooth so I gave up in looking for one long ago. All the ones I’ve seen up to now are AWD and the very few RWD were crazy expensive at double of what I paid.

The car was dealer maintained its whole life. Everything works with some minor cosmetic with the passenger side door handles. No leaks at all anywhere.

This will be my daily driver for now until I decide which chassis I want to swap the 6 liters LS into. I’m going to enjoy the auto until it blows.
View attachment 952445
View attachment 952446
View attachment 952447
I’m still keeping my E46 Touring. Save the wagons!
Nice find! I've seen those fixed up all kinds of neat ways.

I do non e46 vehicle threads in off topic. That is where I chronicled the rise, then fall, of the 500 dollar e53 I bought.

I can't even find a decent one nearby to fix up now. :(

Well... now that I have the Tiguan for my wife even if I did find one there's no point. 😭

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Paid for it yesterday but couldn’t drive it home. Went back out there and picked it up with my buddy that I work with.

I’m going to restore this and make it an OEM AT daily project and see where it’ll get me. At best I will do wheels and coilovers
Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate Tire
Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Sky Car
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Gear shift Automotive design

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

I’m going to start with restoring the paint and interior next.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No I-drive, which is nice. The early ones were not nearly as user-friendly as the later ones turned out to be.
It was a pleasant surprise when I saw the car without idrive. Makes the interior cleaner.

TIL about the early version.

·
Premium Member
2002 330 Ci
2,728 Posts
Found an easy solution to fix any issues with your wagon.

The following wagon it had a bunch of problems. Looks like they had an easy fix that you can also do.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts