E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2005 M3 SMG Convertable
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I grabbed these of FB marketplace a couple of days ago. They are completely reconditioned and never mounted since. 6 rims 2 of which I am now noticing a small barely noticable nick but nothing to spas out about (quarter size of an eraser head). Anyway I'm thinking I'll sell the 2 extras for whatever and try to recoup some of my cash. I paid $800.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,814 Posts
Since those wheels appear to be selling on Ebay for $250 and up, I would say, No, you did not pay too much....

The fact that they are reconditioned, in individual boxes ready for shipping, and don't have tires mounted is all a bonus.

Not as good the the 3 sets of staggered ZHP style 135 wheels I found, 12 wheels total, for $800...I sold two sets for $1,000 total and kept the best four...

·
Registered
2005 M3 SMG Convertable
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Since those wheels appear to be selling on Ebay for $250 and up, I would say, No, you did not pay too much....

The fact that they are reconditioned, in individual boxes ready for shipping, and don't have tires mounted is all a bonus.

Not as good the the 3 sets of staggered ZHP style 135 wheels I found, 12 wheels total, for $800...I sold two sets for $1,000 total and kept the best four...
Dude I would have bought one of those off you in a hear beat.

·
Registered
2005 M3 SMG Convertable
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I think that’s about right. Good work. Sell your old wheels to recoup as well, unless you want to keep them.

maw
Already listed them today. What should I be asking for them? I have them up at $550 for all 4. They are pretty rashed so whoever gets them will want to refurbish.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Already listed them today. What should I be asking for them? I have them up at $550 for all 4. They are pretty rashed so whoever gets them will want to refurbish.
That’s about what I see them at, but I’d go as low as $400. They’re basically cores for refurbishment when most owners just spring for new wheels. By the time they’re refinished at $150/corner, the new owner has a grand into them. Not great, not horrible, which means it’s probably the right price. What else are they gonna get for a grand???

I’m confused, are you selling 2 or 4?

maw

·
Registered
2005 M3 SMG Convertable
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That’s about what I see them at, but I’d go as low as $400. They’re basically cores for refurbishment when most owners just spring for new wheels. By the time they’re refinished at $150/corner, the new owner has a grand into them. Not great, not horrible, which means it’s probably the right price. What else are they gonna get for a grand???

I’m confused, are you selling 2 or 4?

maw
2 and 4.

·
Registered
2005 M3 SMG Convertable
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I grabbed these of FB marketplace a couple of days ago. They are completely reconditioned and never mounted since. 6 rims 2 of which I am now noticing a small barely noticable nick but nothing to spas out about (quarter size of an eraser head). Anyway I'm thinking I'll sell the 2 extras for whatever and try to recoup some of my cash. I paid $800.
Welp they went on today.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts