BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,

i have a borla exhaust that i bought from a member on this forum,

the problem i am having is that i cant find a installer who has any idea on how to put the damn thing

i was wondering if ANYONE can give me a number to a place where they can install the borla.......

i drive a 04 cab , they keep saying is missing a pipe or something, but its complete... i check via pictures on the web site and pictures from members.....

i have gone to two meineke in the bronx and were no help

if you can help a fellow member ......

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone please help

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have no clue about borla's m3 exhaust...but i do know that the other e46 applications require cutting part of the stock exhasut and welding it onto the new aftermarked one (so your still using much of your stock exhaust). Maybe they are confused about this? have they said anything more specific like wich peice is missing?
-Andrew

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont belive it needs to be cut or welded.. its a straight install to my knowledge...

but i really dont want for them to take the oem muffler and try to install this and mess thing up..

you know

i guess i can install it my self and have the setup to do it, but i am in vacation and dont feel like doing it

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
where in the bronx is lorenzo

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well called lorenzo and they referr me to a meineke that i already went to...

the shop in yonkers cant do it today and they are charging 120 to install the thing......

well any other options available.. i am willling to travel to queens from the bronx... man i really need help......

lol

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yeh, if its a clamp on the I def wouldent pay anyone to do it...they rob you, its such a quick thing to do. Sounds like your dealing with some incompitent people.
-Andrew

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you guy for all ya help................

I actually went to a shop in Yonkers, very close to my area and they install it within less than an hour. This is the first time they did a borla and it was so simple to do if you have the right tools...... I am glad I didn't do it because I would off been stuck half way ... the sound is great (better than stock) nice deep sound and the rasp sound more aggressive in a good way now...

it not as loud as i want it to be , but i can always remove the resonator later when i go back to correct the allignment issue that i just notice.. the left can sticks out a little bit more than the right..

but all an all great exhaust ... the john ...

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
and also thank franky for telling about that spot..........

it cost me 60 and i gave the guy 20 for tip......

the other place wanted like 120 dollars (what a rip off)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts