BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my first question for the forum, hope you can throw a little light on this problem.

I have just bought a 330ci M-Sport Convertible and in so far as I can tell the only fault the car has is a tempramental boot lock.

From the key fob, pressing the unlock button causes what sounds like a double activation of the unlocking mechanism. However the boot does not open!

It does open manually from the lift switch and from inserting the key.

Any suggestions or ideas as to what is happening an how it migh be DIY fixed?

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
33 Posts
try lifting the boot at the same tiem you are pressing unlock on the key fob. If that works you can try getting some facelift "ejector buffers" that replace the rubber buffers on the left and right of the ocking mechanism on the boot.

they rise the boot slightly when unlocked so it doesn't lock back(double click)

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
try lifting the boot at the same tiem you are pressing unlock on the key fob. If that works you can try getting some facelift "ejector buffers" that replace the rubber buffers on the left and right of the ocking mechanism on the boot.

they rise the boot slightly when unlocked so it doesn't lock back(double click)
Wow. Great advice. I am ordering some today! I can't stand how I never know when my trunk is "popped"

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=BW51&mospid=47605&btnr=41_1368&hg=41&fg=60

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Big thanks

Wow, I am going to give this a try. My first thought was electronics. Super fast reply with a great answer.

Thanks

:bow:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Solved

Turns out the car I have just bought has been sat at the dealers for a while and so the boot has not been opened for some time. Seems the rubber buffers on the boot edge had become a bit compressed.

Having been looking at this tonight, it seems the rubber stoppers are adjustable and can be increased in size be rotating! End result, job solved nil cost :thanks:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Turns out the car I have just bought has been sat at the dealers for a while and so the boot has not been opened for some time. Seems the rubber buffers on the boot edge had become a bit compressed.

Having been looking at this tonight, it seems the rubber stoppers are adjustable and can be increased in size be rotating! End result, job solved nil cost :thanks:
eventually they will unscrew completely and do the same thing to you. Happened to me and they had to replace completely under warranty (along with a laundry list of other things at the time).

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
see my write-up on this issue here

1 - 8 of 8 Posts