E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I got hit on parking lot...so my insurance quoted $846.

Bmw global collision center quoted $1300..

Told me maybe going replace bumper... my question is do they get the bumper painted if oem from dealer? Or I can work it with them & have them buy rear m tech II from khoalty?

What is the best approach?:confused:

Sent from my ZTE-X500

·
Registered
523 Posts
depends on how the money is given to the body shop

some cases you will get the check, some cases they will

if they get the check, most of the time, they will buy online and 'pocket' the difference, depends on the body shop, depends on the owners, depends on how 'corporate' of a place it is, locally owned will likely find the best deal

we have customers that are body shops and customers that are buying with insurance money and delivering to body shops, i'd ask them first, and ask us second! :p

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys for the suggestion, my body shop gave me $308 dollars to purchase bumper .. they will credit that money back to me...

Now!

Where can I get a rear m tech II bumper for that price on 3 day shipping???

Sent from my ZTE-X500

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
spend a little bit more and get the part from the dealer where it will fit 100%, no question.
Its $600 just the bumper w/out the trim pieces .. :what:

I'm at work all day, anyone can link me used bumper or new one ya have used that fits 90%???

khoalty the only one? But 5 days shipping?

EDIT: found black 330i rear m tech I bumper. :) should fit correct? :thumbup: $250 used and body shop said it will cost nothing if painted :D
Sent from my ZTE-X500

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay, update: most likely it will cost me extra $150 to remove th black paint & sand it down.:p

Ill post pic when car FINISH

Sent from my ZTE-X500
Okay ya, I payed $250 for the m tech rear bumper ... painted black' used ...

Body shop charged me $280 to get it sanded or w.e bs they charged me for...

W.e I paid out my pocket.

Equals same as aftermarket $300 shipped and not painted.

It will look like the pic I posted.(thats not my car)
:D

Sent from my ZTE-X500

Attachments

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey all, what a sad day for me as I wake up to this tragedy.

Not even 6 months later :(

Officer refused to do a hit and run, but put in the report as incident .. wtf?!? Cuz no debris on the floor but upper black piece missing..

I hate how we pay officers to make or life difficult at times we need them..

Someone try take my bumper or hit and run... but the upper peace not here and missing.. last nite it was all fine after grocery.

Could it be fixed with out a total bumper replacement?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
If it can't be repaired, you may just need a new diffuser. Don't know much about replacing it on an MT1 though.

I tought the same at first, but I realized the diffuser is basically attached to the bumper, like glue in other words the bumper it self plastic..

I tried looking on realoem> my vin and no luck on part # for the diffuser... someone knows a good place by diffuser?

My insurance will take a look at tomorrow 11am , but I need to know if diffuser is sold separately and can be repaired or the only route is new bumper again? :/

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Yeah your brackets looked messed up. Probably a new diffuser or even new bumper, but honestly you could rig something up if you tried. Maybe duct tape and glue it on the inside. Then, later down the road, get a new one.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.