BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
-not a mod-
21,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here it is. I finally got around to painting my headlight trim. I didnt want to do it silver, so I searched and searched and finally found some spraypaint for BMW Steel Grey Metallic #400. It wasnt high temperature as far as I know, but I will see how it works out. Heres a few photos, you can sorta tell, but not really. In person they look sweet. I am gonna try it out on some engine parts too, when I have more time.

·
-not a mod-
21,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sanded it down with 600 grit sandpaper first, then applyed a coat of plastic adhesion promoter primer, followed by the steel grey paint, then clear coated it.

·
-not a mod-
21,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went to the local hardware store here and got it.. german store called Top Bau.. so I doubt that will help you.

·
Registered
341 Posts
BudMan, are those DDE lightnings on your headlights? how many clicks did you hear , when you snap it into the xenon, how about the high beams.

thanks

·
-not a mod-
21,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im gonna keep the chrome kidneys for now as long as I have the chrome window trim, but I do wanna do some engine stuff, and the fog light rings.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Budmann...I would definetely suggest the foglight rings. I just painted my head light trim body color(white) as well as my fog light rings and it looks awesome. I also painted that little vent on my hood if you know what im talking about (but i think non-m's come body color) and painted my reflectors. Best 110 $ i ever spent at a body shop. Ill post pics soon. BTW, Nice job on the trim, looks great

·
-not a mod-
21,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea I had my wifes foglights done when they did the body moldings, and its looks sweet. I have to get more paint first though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts