BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
makes me love my e46 even more, I hope the e90 coupe is gonna have someting better to say !!!

·
Registered
398 Posts
:bawling: I don't like it!

The taillights remind me of the Nissan Maximas from the mid to late 90's :dunno:

I guess I'll continue to :str8pimpi my ride!

·
Registered
394 Posts
e46boy said:
damn.. the interior looks so cheap it's not even funny..
I totaly hate the interior on the new 5, and this one looks like a mini version. That long flat looking strip in the middle reminds me of old school american cars with wood going across

·
Lying, drunken cheat
4,376 Posts
I expected worse. It's tolerable. In fact, from some angles, it's actually attractive. The direct head on view really reminds me of the E46. But how does it drive?

The first thing that stood out to me is the bulkiness of the doors, body, and nose, and the small size of the windows. This is because a survey revealed that most drivers prefer smaller windows and larger amounts of metal surrounding them because it makes them "feel safer." Idiots. Thanks for offering the encouragement that BMW needed in making the car look a little like a beached whale so you could "feel" safer.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
i HATE the new BMWs all of them EXCEPT the 7 grandma needed a facelift...... the new 3 ahh it will take some gettinmg used to its still sexy the front end im not digging the rear is so so but the interior is SWEET but that steerign wheel HAS TO GO the center is SOOOO damn big why even bother leaving a gap between the airbag and wheel

·
Registered
69 Posts
Like the front. Not the rear... Like many other cars, I think only time will tell if we get used to it from seeing it. For now: DISLIKE

·
Registered
683 Posts
...thank god the e46's are still around for another yer lol. these cars dont look to good, i guess they'll grow on me but the interior isnt looking good at all.. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I am probably going against the grain for the most part, but I think it looks really good - a more modern version of the current 3. No complaints on the exterior.

The interior has obviously moved away from the angled "cockpit" design in earlier models which is very very sad. Did market research actually say that people disliked the angled cockpit design? The dash just looks so plain now.

"horsepower increases by 13%, while fuel consumption decreases by 12%" - NICE!

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
This part of the press release kinda scares me:
Latest generation DSC offers additional benefits
BMW’s latest Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) incorporates new features which provide the driver with even more benefits. A new brake-drying feature can improve braking in wet weather, detected using the rain sensor and/or wiper activity, by gently rubbing the brake pads on the rotors to help keep the pad surface dry. A new Brake Standby feature can reduce braking response time by readying the brakes for application whenever the driver abruptly lifts off the accelerator pedal. By anticipating a sudden stop, Brake Standby can shorten stopping distances. The new Starting Assistant feature is designed to prevent rollback when starting off on a grade without having to use the brake pedal or handbrake.
So we'll have even DIRTIER wheels (if thats possible) since the brake pads will be "drying" the rotors. I think I'll pass on the rain-sensing BS. :)

Bart

·
Registered
712 Posts
i'm not sure but i think it will dawn on a lot of you more than it does... It's like listening to a cd the first time it may suck but you listen to it a couple more times and bam it's good.. probably the same reaction when the E46 was introduced from previous E36 owners.. just my 2¢ flame me or what not.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts