E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
7,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
BMW X4 F26 production confirmed by BMW CEO
(image source: Auto Bild)

The much rumored BMW X4 has been confirmed for production by none other then BMW CEO Norbert Reithofer. The X4, a baby BMW X6 will bring the sports coupe SUV concept down market in both size and price. The production code will be F26 and will likely share power plants, drive train and suspension with the X3. You can think of the X4 as a coupe version of the X3.

<hr />
In an interview with German magazine Auto Motor und Sport, Norbert Reithofer, BMW CEO, goes on record about the upcoming X4 which will be built under the internal codename F26, so the X4 will hit the market pretty soon.

According to the German report, the CEO says the BMW X4 will be approximately 4.65 meter long (15.26 feet) and feature a similar design layout to the BMW X6
<hr />Source speedlux

A smaller, (possibly) more sports oriented X6 sounds like a fun car! Who's going to check out the X4 as a potential next car or second car?

·
Registered
299 Posts
i like it... doesn't look half bad and if you're going to get t-boned by a drunk driver your chances are much better in one of these than a 3 or 1 series coupe.

john

·
Registered
136 Posts
that thing would look pretty cool dumped... I wonder if they will put a V8 twin turbo in it... That'd be sickkk. (I'm biased though because I've got a X6M on coilovers in the family.) It reminds me of a camaro or a challenger, BMW's take on muscle? haha

·
Registered
242 Posts
All it says to me is BMW is following this horrible trend in the auto-industry of incorporating "SUV"s into every automobile class. Just like the 5-series GT, this will be a big failure.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I was actually on the New Model team at the BMW factory in South Carolina planning for the F25 (the newest X3)... the factory was recently upgraded to handle the current X3 and another future model (like the X4).

But personally, I feel that they will cut the X6 and replace it with the X4.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts