BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yes.....even says in the owners manual......but its contradicting on BMW's behalf, the ultimate driving machine should be tested out on the track and not on the streets but yet they will void warranty.....what happened to the bullet proof mentality of BMW motors? A car like the M3 is designed for the track but yet you can't take it there. Just take your car to the track, don't tell your dealer though.....haha

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
7,174 Posts
Just don't tell your dealer...

My dealer never hassles me for warranty work even though my car has seen track time...however, my service manager is normal doing laps with me so that might have something to do with it. hee hee :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
giandu said:
BMW WARRANTY void if you track your car?is this true?can anyone explain please?
Giandu
Not true!
My dealership knows I track the car occasionaly. In fact sometimes I track it at BMW CCA track events.
Barry

·
I've read vette guys saying that in SoCal they send out 'spies' to the autox and DE days to write down VIN #'s, so not cool,

and as another point, BMW allows u to pick up your car in S.Carolina, take a similar car on a track course that they set-up/own/administer, they even offer a $3500 ///M driving school, but then if u take ur car on a track the warranty is void, effin corporate scoundrels...

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Hehe...our dealership encourages you to take your machine out to the track. Momentum sponsors a TWS track session once a month :) :)!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts