E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!

BMW or Porsche

• BMW

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Porsche

Votes: 11 68.8%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My question is, BMW 330Ci and Porsche Boxster have almost the same HP and Torque, and BMW M3 and Porsche Carrera got almost the same HP and Torque too, So is there a match in comparison between those 4 cars?

BMW 330Ci:

HP: 225
Torque: 214

Porsche Boxster:

HP: 225
Torque: 192

BMW M3

HP: 333
Torque: 262

Porsche Carrera:

HP: 320
Torque 273

And just FYI, Porsche has about 5k-10k more than BMW in price.

·
Registered
196 Posts
you can not compare these two car companies. first of all, porsche has about 15k on the 330 and about 30k-40k on the m3. the cars are in completely different leagues. a porshce is a porsche and thats what people pay for. they have impeccable engineering and handle like you wouldnt believe. when you buy a porsche you get performance but thats about it. the ride isnt that good, the interior is pretty sus but they still attract people to pay the big bucks for them. this is where practicality come poking its head, a bmw is almost a perfect blend of performance, comfort, and prestige. but there is no comparing a mid-engine horizantal 6(one of the 10 best engines ever made "boxer") to a coupe with an inline 6. If you want to go buy straight driving pleasure, its the porsche hands down. Driving it makes you feel like god. They handle so well and are so reactive its amazing. i dont even know how they do it because the number would indicate a different situation. the car seems to have endless torque and just satisfy you. if you think a bmw is addictive, you dont know what addictive means.
i personally have two porshces (911's) and am going on three in about a month (a boxster) which is probably feel so strongly about them but it will be interesting to see other peoples opinions on the matter.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I agree completely with NRM

I drive my e46 because it is a perfect blend of everything that make a car great. I also drive a Boxster S for the pure enjoyment of what a sportscar should be. This topic has been hashed so many times before. Although they are 2 completely different cars, they are both 2 of the best that German engineering has produced. So, they are both great cars...get over it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts