BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, thought I would put the word out about the BMW Ultimate Drive. It costs us nothing but raises money from BMW for the Susan G. Komen breast cancer foundation.

"Why should I care?" you will ask...because it gives you a chance to drive just about any new BMW for 15-20 minutes without the salesman pressuring you to buy (hopefully). For each mile you drive BMW donates $1 on your behalf to the foundation. I just signed up to drive the new M3. Alpinas are available at my location too.

Just click on this link:

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Cont...wvuyr+osSUe5GSZrnZgeaMxabaCXOOzQH6kmT9Eq83Q==

then click the registration tab in the top right corner to get started.

Most everyone here, myself included, has at least one close family member affected by breast cancer. This helps them out and gives us a chance to drive some sweet rides.

·
Registered
123 Posts
as an undergrad , we did this as a philanthropy event every year. spent all day at bmw and drove all the cars around and got free lunch

·
Registered
203 Posts
I was sondering can you regiser for 2 differnt locations on differnet days of course? I def wanna do it. Has anyone here done it before? could anyone give me some info on the event? The link doesn't have too much details unlsess I'm not looking enoguh into it. Thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have not done the event before but it looks pretty cool. I called the 1-800 number on the site and spoke with somebody about it. They say it is a pre-determined drive lasting about 20 mins. I don't see why you couldn't do it in multiple cities. I guess just search by zip code.

·
Registered
203 Posts
It def seems like a great event for a great cause. I can't even try to register in my area till the middle of august though :(

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
of all the bimmers i was able to drive, my favorite was the z4 coupe. that thing is more fun to drive than a 335i or 135i despite having less power.

·
Registered
50 Posts
This will be my 4th year participating. Definitely an awesome event and what a great advertising campaign. I would have never purchased my E46 330i ZHP if it wasnt for the 1st year I participated and drove one.

This year I signed up to be a transportation driver as well, the next dealership is ~40 miles away. I hope i get the 135 or 335 :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
This will be my 4th year participating. Definitely an awesome event and what a great advertising campaign. I would have never purchased my E46 330i ZHP if it wasnt for the 1st year I participated and drove one.

This year I signed up to be a transportation driver as well, the next dealership is ~40 miles away. I hope i get the 135 or 335 :)
How do you sign up to be a transportation driver?

·
Registered
50 Posts
How do you sign up to be a transportation driver?
short short version of the story: there is no place to sign-up

This year i sent an email to my local dealership asking if they were going to host the event (didnt show up on breast cancer website). The answer was no, but their sister dealership ~10-15 miles away is. The organizer also asked if i wanted to participate with additional mileage by signing up to be a transport driver. My answer was of course, YES!!

I got lucky...but its worth a try to email the event coordinator at your local dealership.

So, i'll ride around for an hour around the normal course and then cruise to Ann Arbor MI (~30-40miles away) as a transport driver. They will also provide return driving as well...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts