BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parking Assistant: Enabling you to park your car with maximum convenience and safety

"The Parking Assistant allows safe and comfortable parking even in small and confined parking spaces. The system incorporates a sensor fitted in the rear bumper on the right-hand side of the BMW

All he has to do is give gas and the Parking Assistant will automatically turn the steering at the best point, guiding the vehicle into the parking space along an ideal line, with an electric motor ensuring optimum steering precision.

During the entire process of parking his car, the driver can take his hands off the steering wheel and concentrate fully on giving gas and applying the brakes."

http://www.imakenews.com/autospies/e_article000120654.cfm

I see the system developing a software glitch somewhere along the line, jerking the wheel violently to one side, and sideswiping little Johnny in the Wal-Mart parking lot. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Wow its amazing what cars will do for u. I wonder when they will start driving us around???

·
Registered
644 Posts
:yikes: :yikes:

I think Johnny will be alright -- if the system can find the other cars chances are it can find Johnny. At first I thought that this was just PDC, but this is insane! Somehow I doubt there will be a retrofit available ;)

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,301 Posts
:yikes: :yikes: That would be crazy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts