BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 80 of 871 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Just got my letter in the mail. Have yet to read all the info and understand all the implications, but this is getting interesting...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Got Mine today Same here I have to read the specs this really sounds crazy that it has affected so many cars!!! From what I read there's not much to do but wait till the court decides. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
That's exactly what i was thinking, I was getting ready to install. Thinking i might wait a bit till after the inspection. Good news though!!
I was thinking the same thing. Better wait for those KW's. :) Hmm, wonder if I should take off my Hartge's and go back to my 17"?

·
Registered
36 Posts
yea they are saying that if you already paid for the repair, you can still file a claim and get your some or all of your money back.
I got my letter yesterday and it's basically saying that I can get reimbursed for any repair that has already been done to my subframe (obviously there is limit and stuff). But I am thinking that since my shop (RRT in NoVa) already told me that I needed a subframe repair and their quote to fix it (basically take it off and weld it back in) is pretty low (around $1,500), I am thinking that I'll just go ahead and do it and make sure that I get a separate receipt for the subframe repair and hopefully I can get them to note that the car was stock before the subframe had been repaired. I am not sure how many on this board have had this done and are planning to get reimbursement from BMW.

·
Registered
306 Posts
If I get my letter I'll put it off for maybe 9 months or so. I don't want to have it inspected now, then have it weaken over the next year and can't reinspect it. I know I risk have a problem but I'd rather give it time to show up over the next year.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I got my letter yesterday and it's basically saying that I can get reimbursed for any repair that has already been done to my subframe (obviously there is limit and stuff). But I am thinking that since my shop (RRT in NoVa) already told me that I needed a subframe repair and their quote to fix it (basically take it off and weld it back in) is pretty low (around $1,500), I am thinking that I'll just go ahead and do it and make sure that I get a separate receipt for the subframe repair and hopefully I can get them to note that the car was stock before the subframe had been repaired. I am not sure how many on this board have had this done and are planning to get reimbursement from BMW.
Yeah I got my letter today. I didn't understand whether I had to fill out the Claims Statement or not? It's got six sections labeled A-F. So do I have to fill out this form in order to be included in the settlement?

thanks

·
Banned
6,750 Posts
So if we get our car inspected, then put aftermarket suspension on, can we get away with it?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
My aftermarket suspension will be here Monday. I have my stock wheels on right now. I guess I should hold off on installing the suspension and get the subframe checked out at the dealership first :dunno:

·
Registered
8 Posts
The letter stated that its a year after the settlement is approved by the judge which wouldnt be until September 3rd from what I remember.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Just got my letter today.....but dealer looked at my subframe last year and everything was fine....I have to wait and see what happens:tsk:

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
yeah i got my letter today too, i need to check my subframe

61 - 80 of 871 Posts