E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a coupon (Sent to me by BMW) for $50 off stage one or stage two detailing. I wanted to know if anyone has done either of these. I called my guy at BMW (amazing service tech and straight shooter with me) and he said it was a great deal and that he had never seen them give such a discount. It's supposedly an all day job and a job done well. It will cost about ~180 for stage 2 and ~120 for stage 1. He said that stage two included a claybar buff and wax...not really sure what else nor the differences of the two. Thanks for all the help. The coupon expires on the 31st, so please don't hold back.

Thanks again, Drew.

P.S - I feel my car needs a good detailing because of all the bird etching, small scratches, ect. There is also grey spots on my bumper (I think it's because the paint is wearing off) do you think they would include something like repairing these or not?)

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
As what products they use and post them up here.

Honestly, for $50 it would be hard to pass up unless they really screw something up.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Wow, surprised the dealership even knows what a clay bar is! Good deal, if the car doesnt come back in worse condition...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am really hunting for someone who has used them before. thanks for all the feedback.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Guys be honest, go take a look at the cars in almost any BMW (or any other company) dealership and they're pretty well swirled and hologram'd.
I'd say go ask to look at a car they're detailing, and if it looks decent jump on the stage 2 cuz it's an amazing deal.

But seriously...take better care of your car. Bird etchings are almost your fault and are not going anywhere, especially not by a dealership. I don't see why in the world the paint would be wearing off your bumper (pics?), but I do they're probably not gonna fix it.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the paint on the bumper is from rocks, ect chipping away at it. The bird etching is from having to park my car outside in the street in front of my house. Didn't notice them till the morning, got it cleaned after work and they were still semi notcing.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I work at a dealership (not bmw) as a detailer and in my personal opinion I'd never have my car detailed at one. The dealership thinks they can get away with **** because they are the dealership. They are going to wash the car really well and throw a quick coat of cheap paste wax on it, you can do this yourself in under an hour spending maybe $20-30 on quality materials that will last you all year.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you vinnie, great help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts