E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Party Times!
Joined
·
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i bring my car in today for the 15,000 mile inspection thing. Great. I drop it off pick it up and drive it home. Once i start driving it i notice an annoying vibration (i have TSE2 at certain rpm's i get sorta resonance and vibrations occur with loose change and stuff) coming from like behind me (sounded like the door behind me) I get back to my house and look to see what could be vibrating, i slam the door and hear a little rattle. I look and my whole entire door is dented, scratched, and it extend to my tire, and about 2" on my drivers door. :bawling: It is completely dent/scratched fvcked! I call BMW and they "claim" that the damage was there before, however i NEVER experienced any vibration coming from that area before i took it in today.... I think one of the gay service people like took a corner to tightly and scraped it up on a short 2 foot tall pole or something, or like someone parking hit my car. I am 100% i would have heard the vibration etc... if this happened earlier...BMW Seattle officialy sucks ass.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,333 Posts
g2go1818 said:
So i bring my car in today for the 15,000 mile inspection thing. Great. I drop it off pick it up and drive it home. Once i start driving it i notice an annoying vibration (i have TSE2 at certain rpm's i get sorta resonance and vibrations occur with loose change and stuff) coming from like behind me (sounded like the door behind me) I get back to my house and look to see what could be vibrating, i slam the door and hear a little rattle. I look and my whole entire door is dented, scratched, and it extend to my tire, and about 2" on my drivers door. :bawling: It is completely dent/scratched fvcked! I call BMW and they "claim" that the damage was there before, however i NEVER experienced any vibration coming from that area before i took it in today.... I think one of the gay service people like took a corner to tightly and scraped it up on a short 2 foot tall pole or something, or like someone parking hit my car. I am 100% i would have heard the vibration etc... if this happened earlier...BMW Seattle officialy sucks ass.
Sorry - what a bummer, I've always been happy w/ BMW of Seattle, except it's shitty location. Not that BMW of Bellevue is much better, but they do walk around the car and inspect it pretty closely for dents, dings, & scratches, both on the car and wheels, before they take the keys from you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,756 Posts
My Words Exactly!

jiggz said:
Sorry - what a bummer, I've always been happy w/ BMW of Seattle, except it's shitty location. Not that BMW of Bellevue is much better, but they do walk around the car and inspect it pretty closely for dents, dings, & scratches, both on the car and wheels, before they take the keys from you.
At my Dealership, a greater brings out a check list to fill out with info needed by the Service Advisor to write up your R/O. On the checklist is an outline of a vehicle in which to pencile in dents/scratches, during a walk around. If possible do the walk around also during check in and if they don't do one, ask that they do one.
Now once you go to pickup your vehicle, make sure to do a complete walk around on your own before you leave their sally-port. This way if you find anything new (compare to check in check list) you can confront the Dealer and demand that they make any necessary repairs. Better luck next time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
512 Posts
Bmw rallye in ny did it to me twice...i had it fixed by them...did they inpect your car w/ you b4 taking it into service...im pretty sure they are suposed to bc everytime i go in they check it over sucks to hear tho i feel your pain once my door and knocked my bumper off. **** them dont let them get away w/ that bull ****...good luck
 

·
Resident CF Whore
Joined
·
2,440 Posts
Damn... sucks a big one Grayson~~~
Just when your car was coming together again after fixing the old dent and the hood...
Kinda makes me worried since I have an appointment for inspection 1 next week at BMW Seattle.
Who was your service advisor?
I'm dealing with Tom Howe and he's been pretty cool with me so far.
I better make sure everything is checked before leaving that day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,204 Posts
I hate it when that kinda thing happens. BMW Seattle's service department sucks. I brought my car in to service the rattles, my side mirrors (which are not working), and the rattling speakers. They took my car for 9 hours, but in the end, nothing was solved. I was pretty upset... And last week they promised that they would order a new set of side mirrors for me, and the mirrors should be there by early this week. They never even called me. Such a$$holes.

I had an excellent service at BMW of Bellevue's service department, but had bad experiences with their sales department. The BMW Seattle's sales department is excellent. Nothing is perfect, I guess.

I'm bringing my car for service at BMW of Bellevue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,120 Posts
bro..i am PRETTY sure that when you signed ur car in, i think you signed a form with the damages on it...(i've never been to a dealer without this)...demand to see the form that you signed...

I also had problems with Crevier in Santa Ana, CA...they scratched up my wheels and bumper earlier and they admited that the car was washed when I signed "NO CAR WASH" and the car had no damages when it was brought in (500 miles) for the bumper..they tried to buff the HElL out of it...but I still saw the scratches...for the wheel they said "we are not a wheel specialist and we didn't wanna touch that"...ok...so that's all they did for me...now i have scratches on my new car...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
100 Posts
g2go1818 said:
pics :bawling: ...how the hell did the damage get where it is...it looks like they took a turn tightly and like nailed a small 2' pole or something :banghead:




Hate to sound like an ass but how in the fck could u not notice that b4 u left?? i always do a complete walkaround on my car b4 i take it
 

·
Party Times!
Joined
·
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
M32NV said:
Hate to sound like an ass but how in the fck could u not notice that b4 u left?? i always do a complete walkaround on my car b4 i take it
Cause they were bastards, and reversed my car in the spot, my car was the ONLY car reversed in. I believe they did that so i would not have to walk past the damage, just get in the front door and drive off, you know...? The thing is tho, it couldnt have happened anytime between when i picked up the car, cause all i did was drive it home, no parking or nething.


Also this is hard to explain...but where the damage is, like under my trim and just narrow sorta like that, it is hard to notice from a lot of spots cause i'm 6'1 and there was a car parked next to mine within ~2-3 feet, so at my height and within 2-3 feet of my car i wouldnt really notice the damage that low, cause the trim hides it if you look vertically downwards down the door. Get what i'm sayin?
 

·
call me kev :D
Joined
·
5,512 Posts
well.. let this be a lesson to everyone..

i always do a complete walk around of my car, never ever leave the dealer without checking, they can easily blame those on you

i even check under my car, every single rim, tires, interior.

if i didn't do this.. all 4 damage of my car done by the dealers would've been taken out of my wallet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,058 Posts
dude i seriously cannot believe you didnt notice that before, thats insane, thats a grip of damage, dude id put up such a fit you have no idea.... def go back tomorow and ***** the hell our of them and threaten with a lawyer to make sure you are serious... i had an incident with my so called dealer with them messing up my rim with some wierd as fockin chemiicals i put up the biggest fit in the world and ended up being asked to leave, but not before i threatened them with a lawyer which got them all spooked and they sent me to a bodyshop.... turned out that the crap layer did come off and nothing that mothers metal polish couldnt fix, but my centercaps are scratched up i gotta order new ones.... anyways gluck i hope it turns out good for you, i fockin hate dealers with a passion!
 

·
Party Times!
Joined
·
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sunapollo said:
go and look for the 2 feet pole and prove that they did it !!!
Yea, that was kinda my plan, but i never went through with it. I'll check it out this weekend


****am i the only one that thinks that the damage is in a pretty wierd spot? Like there are only 2 ways to get it like that. Cause it really would be in an awkward place for a car to hit it, cause the sideskirt is perfect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,058 Posts
looks like when someone backed up, they underestimated the turning needed and hit the front of a car at an angle... either that or another car went into it and sideswiped it....
OT.. u goin to USC right? are u bringin ur whip there? if you are we gotta have a meet
 

·
Party Times!
Joined
·
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Yea, i'm bringin my car down :)

And with the car thing, that's the only other possibility, but the damage is really low, like i would think it would be higher up if a car hit it?


***O yea, also see how the damage is, how it goes essentially to the end of the door, area....that would make it seem that someone was driving the car and hit like a pole during a turn (initially in middle of car, where damage starts) then continued to go throughout the turn scraping until the end of the door area***
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top