BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

121 - 140 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
anyone know how to bring this back? i enabled this feature weeks ago but this is not working anymore after i changed my driver door broken key hole.

i have both of them checked but still not working..

thanks.
Try Reprogramming your Key to the car locks. by replacing the for it probably reset the EWS key and it needs to retether.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have PA Soft and i have a Euro spec 320i. Using PA I cannot get any form of DRL to come on despite having checked the tickbox. anyone know why this is? I would also like to have the front indicators on as sidelights when the headlamps are on (like on US cars) but the only way i can do this so far is by pulling the plugs on my euro sidelights (in the main beam assembly) and then switching on the sidelights but they they then switch off when i turn the headlamps on.

Thanks for the help!
Not to insult your intelligence but have you checked the Fuses. and as the other lighting combinations I have been screwing with them to try and duplicate what you want but I can't

·
Registered
151 Posts
Morning!

One more thing... I notice that my light coding has fewer options that the one I saw here in this topic:

Mine:

Are you in Demo, or factory Mode? in the Reprogramming option? it should be in Normal Mode. I haven't tried it but it seems like that would be the only thing that would limit your options. Also do Car Ident to ensure your car came with those features!

Good Luck

·
Registered
891 Posts
Ok I want to change my "Service Intervals" in IKE.
I beleive (if memory serves me correctly) the Inspection Interval is based on gas through the engine thus the Liters setting is for the Inspection interval.
and the Kilometers is for Oil service.

Is this correct?

So if I want to change my Oil to 8,000 miles, I can change the Kilometer setting to 12,875 Km (the Km conversion from 8,000 miles)

Secondly

Can someone explain, in Service intervals, what the Min time to reset and the Min liters to reset settings are

·
Registered
6 Posts
KJ, Q1- I think you are correct. Q2- iirc, you would just select the min default of the choices given as you can't type in a number. Maybe I am not understanding question exactly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I installed used LCM and got rid of dot but after install, my rear taillights are super dim and high beams don't work with stalk but I can flash them. To fix, would I change PWM? Change algorithm (to what)? Hex editor?

Sincerely, in over my head haha.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm looking for a way to change the interval of the headlight washers. When I installed them a while back I set them to spray three times for 1 second using NCS. But it's annoying as hell now :p
Can the BMW Scanner do that? Or do I need to find my old laptop and install NCS again...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same LCM screen with the fewer options. This is because the LCM's software version is older and it has only those options. I replaced my '99 module to a 2004 one and now I can adjust hot checking for example.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just a quick check - Does a DME from a '99 323i support live data? Mine is greyed out in PA Soft, although I can get live data from EWS. Perhaps PA Soft does not support live data from DME for some (older, perhaps) cars.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just a quick check - Does a DME from a '99 323i support live data? Mine is greyed out in PA Soft, although I can get live data from EWS. Perhaps PA Soft does not support live data from DME for some (older, perhaps) cars.
My '00 328Ci doesn't support it, which sucks because that's one reason I got the software.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes but i think that my car doesn't have alarm:(
That's fine, you can still activate the visual parts of it. The lights will flash when you lock and unlock your car, and the clown nose on the mirror will flash.

Google search "e46 alarm coding" and it'll pull a bunch of stuff up.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a ecu evolve tune for my bmw m3 2005 purchased it with aftermarket headers and exhaust and I was curious if this cancels or overrides the ecu tune what so ever, I know the evolve is mechanical and engine wise but thought I'd make sure before purchasing the scanner!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

121 - 140 of 193 Posts