E46 Fanatics Forum banner
2761 - 2766 of 2766 Posts

·
Administrator
20,925 Posts
I currently dont have any issues with the ABS
There is this one issue.
5E5B/20 - DSC push button pressed longer than 10 sec or Error.
Not sure if that is simply the DSC button or its wiring, or a symptom of a larger ABS module problem.

does it still need have the VIN recoded to the VIN of my car?
No, I don’t think the VIN stored in ABS module affects anything.
The ABS moduke coding certainly is critical, but it is likely correct because we do not see any related ABS fault codes.

·
Registered
BMW E46 Saloon Msport 320i 2004 Manual
63 Posts
There is this one issue.
5E5B/20 - DSC push button pressed longer than 10 sec or Error.
Not sure if that is simoly the button or its wiring, or a symptom of a larger ABS moduke problem.

No, I don’t think the VIN stired in ABS moduke affects anything
The ABS coding certainly is critical, but it is likeky correct because we do not see any related ABS fault codes.
Regarding the 5E5B/20.
I did press the DSC button for longer than 10 seconds before when I got th car, when I was testing functions ( reading manual etc...), several times, dumb mistake at the time as I could not see the amber brake light coming in as I had the handbrake pulled...so light was always red... And if you do this, you lock the system as ON and you need to turn the Off/On again to be able to disable the system,
I don't seem to be able to wipe that code, but it seems to be a shadow code now.
Again I will confirm tomorrow.

·
Registered
BMW E46 Saloon Msport 320i 2004 Manual
63 Posts
I cannot recall ever seeing BMW Scanner 1.4 display like you show in the screen shot above. And I have scanned 100s of BMWs over the years.
I don't even see a single post about the issue.
What makes it more intriguing is that I don't have any greyout options on the modules, I seem to be able to change any settings...
For example, I don't have memory, but I can activate the settings for the mirror memory and tilt on BMW scanner, they are not grey.
I suspected about a bad install, but I used the links in your signature, I think at this point unless it breaks something or stop working this is more of a curiosity of why it would happen.

2761 - 2766 of 2766 Posts