E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Here is an odd one, I was changing some things around and accidentally turned off the clown nose... now I can't get it back :rofl: I tried all sorts of combos but to no avail.

Any ideas? Which checked box actually activates the clown nose?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Since I don't have an alarm (siren, tilt, or internal motion) I unchecked the DWA. That stopped my clown nose from flashing AND stopped my signal lights from flashing when I locked & unlocked the car.

Can you do a screen shot of your zke?
Mine looks the same as yours. I don't have the DWA enabled (no alarm) but I have all the other (same as pictured) boxes checked off. With that setup my lights flash for open and close but the clown nose does not.

If I code the DWA box as active. My car throws a code afterwards telling me there is a short in the system (meaning alarm not present/not working).

When I first used Pasoft and looked into the ZKE that's how it was from the dealer, DWA wasn't checked but the others were for optical open and close and I believe warning light...

·
Registered
476 Posts
I wasn't aware you could enable the corners to flash when locking/unlocking without enabling the alarm. I suppose it may depend largely on your build date and algorithm. If you do find the option, please post it up.

The alarm short circuit code is something I live with, it doesn't come up as anything on the dashboard so it isn't a bother.
Did you try it on yours, or just check the box automatically and assumed you needed to? If so, next time your coding give it a shot and see if it works. Then it's one less error to come up. :hi:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Seems no one bothered to explain you had to have a damn laptop to take out to your car. Just great!! May be I'll feel better another day.
Actually if you bothered to read any of the thread it comes up at least 1 million times about people installing it onto windows, a computer based operating system.

I even linked my DIY on the very first page in which I do in fact tell you that you need a laptop/computer.

Not anyone's fault but your own that you didn't pay attention.

Clipped from my DIY, it's the first thing I mention.

What you need.

A laptop or very accessible computer (to reach the car) running windows XP (you can use VM ware to run a virtual version of XP Like I did since I run windows 7 64 bit on my laptop)
Soldering iron
Solder
BMW Scanner 1.4.0 plus software (link below)

·
Registered
476 Posts
What happens when you check off the different things under "equipment and options"? I dont really understand what it does if you have them checked/unchecked. My settings are the same as the top. My clown nose works and so does the doorlocks at 16 kmh. But i can only get the windows to roll down with one touch, but it wont go up.
Checking makes them active (if you have them) unchecking makes them not active.

Some times the coding wont take on the first try. If you want to be able to roll your windows up via remote, select the same ones as pictured on the left side of the screen shot.

·
Registered
476 Posts
What I find more disturbing is that your tail lights are reversed. The rear fogs are the lights below the reverse lights. With the "use rear fogs as tail lights" unchecked, the two lights on the tail light should be on but the light below the reverse shouldn't

Wonder if your wires are crossed :rofl:

Thats funny - glad you got it working.

Has anyone notice any weird behaviour with the tail lights when you disable the DRL?

When I first programmed mine, this happened. I had to enable "Rear fog ligts as side lights" to get it working again.

No, I don't have rear fogs.

re: Win7x64 - I downloaded the latest ftdi win x64 cert drivers and added the required entries into both of these files: ftdibus.inf & ftdiport.inf

Let me know if anyone needs help.

·
Registered
476 Posts
No sponsor war here. People can chose their own fate with illegal tools :)

Mercedes in the last week really cracked down on people downloading their stolen software. In fact they started taking legal action!!! Look on EBAy, not many for sale..... http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showthread.php?t=103843

Is BMW next I don't know but seems to me they would be.

P.S Don't want to start a whole war here. Just wanted to pass along the new info that the OEM's appear concerned with this stuff. Take it for what its worth and do as YOU WISH :)
Also a good chance to point out the hypocrisy of this place. Before this thread was ever made I wrote a DIY on using this stuff. It was taken down, I asked why and was told, illegal stuff etc, can't steal from the original creators so on so forth.

Then this thread appears, and now there is a sponsor for the very item I did a diy on which I was told was not allowed.

Seriously big WTF?!?!? Oh the ironing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts